Intel Dept

Talk about on-going development of Supreme Ruler 2020 here. What would you like to see in updates or in a future Supreme Ruler title?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tonystowe
Colonel

Intel Dept

Post by tonystowe »

When the game begins the player gets an initial Intelligence Report and nothing beyond that. To further immerse the game I want to have a report emailed to the player either monthly, annually, or bi-annually where my Intel Advisor gives me his assessment as to what regions are the most belligerent and whether or not my region is weaker or stronger militarily and who has the higher tech. Additionally, the Intel Advisor can report significant alliances, major trades (military equipment, military goods, large sums of money, etc), etc that could interest the player.
Squigbunny
Captain

Re: Intel Dept

Post by Squigbunny »

That's a neat idea. Perhaps also manageable with the system too.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

we do have some notes an idea similar to this, feel free to continue discussing it, it does sound like something we could consider for future projects.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I like that idea. You can get a lot of info on other countries by opening up the diplomacy screen but it would be neat to gather info like what they are building in thier land,air,naval, and missile fabs. Would also be neat to be able to tell what thier researching and perhaps some intel on ministers such as whats has been marked as a priority. You would still need to have spy guys in those countries to get the information.
Squigbunny
Captain

Post by Squigbunny »

Developing the idea, I can see an expansion of missions for spies like terrorism against population centres as a negative diplomatic act to rack up provocation with the target country and to a lesser extent its allies.
Squigbunny
Captain

Post by Squigbunny »

I also think that the Intel Academy should operate as a spy production facility, rather than a one off producer of three spies.
Squigbunny
Captain

Post by Squigbunny »

I think my last two posts might be better in a new thread? Shall I repost?
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

I've been playing a lot of EU3:IN lately. Basically ripping that off, they had missions and stuff that made for good goals to attain that way your country actually had some direction as oppossed to just sitting around waiting to get DoW'd so you could crush someone without a UN hit.

On edit, what I mean by all this is that most Intel reports basically say they expect X Y Z to happen, but give you nothing to do once you finish that aspect, nor any reward for actually accomplishing it. If you're expecting an attack from Texas then you could have some sort of reward for fighting them off and a new goal for afterwards.

Also you could use this for shattered world scenario to actually make all the state fluff text about manifest destiny more viable.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

I was looking for the random even thread but could not find it. So since servi's post made me think of it I will go ahead and post it here. A nice random event would be for a random chance of the UN asking you to aid them in attacking a non UN member. If you accepted the offer you would recieve some cash and a standing boost with other UN nations. It would also declare war on that nation without any loss to your standings with other UN members.

Return to “Development - 2020”