Brasil (Brazil)

Discuss Supreme Ruler 2020 here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Brasil (Brazil)

Post by Shoedidoe »

LOL, it will not happens anytime soon. Argentina attacked me a few days after my last post :evil:

Maybe it didn't like my spies sabotaging it's facilities all the time :oops:

I did take some cities and all, but like I said before, war is not interesting right now. I barely understand how to manage the country and I'm nor prepared to use the troops in a efficient way. Lost a lot of them. From previous games, I know that now Argentina will no stop and I have no interest managing troops and Economy at the same time. Not until I get a better felling of the game.

So, back to the start, this time without spies.

About the techs, I only have buy the ones that increase the ratings of my Health care and lower it's costs. Also did buy the engineers from Canada and USA. Because they look cool :D

I know I'm being lazy, but can you, or someone that played Brasil, give me the first setup?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I cannot post exactly what to do as there are many different ways of doing things. Maybe read one of the Brazil AAR's to get an idea?

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 54&t=14879
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Yeah, I did. But I had in mind a setup that allowed me achieve self-sufficiency AND maintening INFL. and UNEPL. low.

Right now, INFL is 10.9%, wat is pretty high, but is growing slowly, what is not at all like before. UNEPL. is more or less stationary at 3.3%, even with big immigration flooding the country. Kudos to high level Health and Education!

Without spies embarrassing it, Argentina is behaving and has not declared war until now.

When I get self-sufficiency, I will see what I can do to lower INFL.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Got self-suficiency, but with 11.9% INFL. and 3.1% UNEPL.

I'm lowering prices and increasing taxes to see if INFL. gets better.

Not sure what to do now... if I start producing, the INFL. will rise. So, I'm just making bizz and researching.

How I can see if a MIL. Unit is outdated?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Outdated is a volatile term. Just because something is old does not mean it is no good. Ignore, tech dates and look at stats on your units. Sometimes an older unit is better for a particular job.

NOTE: there is an option to "show replaced units" and show obsolete units". If you have them checked you can see all units. You can also select only certain units to show up by using the button on the lower right of their technical readout card.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Thx, I´m sure it will be useful, but later.

The situation didn´t change much since my last post. INFL. is at 12.4ù and UNEPL. at 3%. With low domestic prices, high taxes and no social subsidies, INFL. was getting down, veeeeery slowly, UNEPL. didn´t change, but I notice the income, GDP and population getting smaller, too.

Now I only do bizz, research and some MIL. units. My treasury is good, I think, around 800 grant and no debt. Lotta countries doing bizz proposals. No new alliances, besides with Oman.
Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

I´m moving at "high speed" for a while. Not many constructions been made, only when I see some product is good for exportation, which is going pretty good. My treasury is not as big as USA (3 big grants +, while mine is "only" 1 big grant +), but not so bad. Inflation going steadily down and unemployment going up. When those are at a level I feel comfortable in, I think I will give my people a break in the taxes, since I´m not very popular there :-(

My prices for domestic sales of consumers are just over production costs, but for exportation are on the maximum. Maybe I would have more bizz if I lower the second?

Building military units and researching, as well pursuing satellite coverage. No attacks yet and Argentina has only a medium hostility towards Brasil. When unemployment and inflation are higher and lower than now, I´m planning build a respectable navy and air force :D

Researching a lot and shortly I will cut it´s 200% funds, since I´m running out of researches.

What is the importance of transport/supply units and where is better to position those?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Do not bother researching Missile Defense satellites in single player game, the ai will never use a nuke.

Transport units can come in handy, but the higher your tech the less important they are. The one huge exception to that is ships. Assuming you will want to move forces around the globe you will need large naval transports. I suggest you look into the following;

AOE-1 Sacramento (USA) - Largest capacity in game, 33,000t but only loads/unloads at sea ports.

TAKR-287 Algol (USA) - Smaller capacity than AOE-1 (25,500t), but faster at 61 km/h. I use these almost exclusively later in game for speedy moves around the globe.

A58 Jyoti (Russia) - Largest Amphibious Capacity, 25,000t but is very slow.

LHA-18 Chichijima (Japan) - 2nd largest Amphib capable, 14,000t and speedy - 62 km/h.

LHD-1 Wasp (USA) - 12,000t - 45 km/h

Air is very useful for para/special forces and can be used to resupply also.

For fixed wing transport the choices are clear;

AN-225 Cossack (Russia) - 3,000t capacity, range 8,000 km

Boeing 747 LCF (USA) - 2,220 but shorter range, 7,800 km

C5A Galaxy (USA) - 1,572 with range of 10,410 km

Variable wing;

V-44 Stork (USA) - 648t, range 2,860 km. Can use short carrier and land like a helo, but has the speed of a fixed wing.

Helo;
MI-6 Hook (Russia) - 480t, 1,000 km range.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Things are not so well. I´m having a HUGE inflation and it´s been a pain in the a...ah... to be self-sufficiency. Every time I´m close to it, the demand just goes up.

On the other side: Argentina attack me. But this time I stood my ground and slooooooowly and paaaaaainfully I gained ground. No strategy, not knowledge of what I was doing, just trying to keep los hermanos at bay and it´s units to causing havoc. Before I knew it, I had Buenos Aires under siege and bomb it to my harts content until just now I got sick and tired of the stalemate and advanced with all I had |O

To my surprise, Argentina surrender!

I´m now the proud owner of a very bigger Brasil :lol:

Ah, yeah: Bolívia attack me, too. Since I had no units on the ground, I send a large fleet of Mirages and crush it´s attacking forces to smirtness. With Argentina gone, I think I can take the weak Bolívia, that by the way got kicked out UN.

For last but not least, another question: sometimes I get a message of lost territory due lack of loyalty, but "they" don´t say WHERE it happened. What is going on and I can do?

Ex-Argentina is now another color, but the same one as Brasil. Is that normal or should I expect bitter surprises in the future, like rebellions?
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Excellent! Good work taking Argentina!

When at war, the "front/border" will ebb and flow based on the strength of the supply system behind it. If your enemy has a higher supply %, your border will creep back as his is creeping forward. You get messages about this but you cannot see where it is. This messages are really not that important, just press on with annihilating the enemy!

Concerning the color of Argentina. Once you capture a country they are gone. You never have to worry about them again. No surprises in the future.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on May 16 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Thx, it´s good to know that. I can relax the huge amount of garrisons and send the jarheads to reserve. The deserve a long holiday after months of war under a very amateur commander :D

The funniest thing is that while on war, Brasil became a kind of ugly duck in the diplomatic world. Sure, everybody did bizz, but nobody wanted to be allied. Argentina, on the other hand, was getting new allies by the day. Important ones, too!

Then I won the war and - tcham-tcham-tcham - almost everybody accepted to be allied with Brasil. Even the countries in war with older allies of me, like India of Russia, that are in war with China, one of my first allies. I even succeed 1 or 2 alliances with countries from South and Central America. rampagin

My biggest concern now is the 20%+ inflation rampaging my economy and the danger of Colombia and/or Venezuela declaring war on me. They CB are pretty low, but you never know.

But NOW the economy is a big problem. Let´s see if I can get it down by lowering military production and sending units to reserve. Also, I´m not succeeding at stopping the huge amount of emigration, what I suspect is doing no good to my very low unemployment.

BTW, I loved the TAMSE artillery. So much that did buy the most powerful design from USA. I just seat down and watch a few of it smash down my enemies :D
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Arty is great for defense. One thing to note about the TAMSE, it has a Low Reaction Time. This means it is a very slow firing weapon system. It might do more damage per hit based on stats, but, with a medium or fast firing system you may actually get more damage since they fire multiple times in the same period.

Since I generally only use arty for defense, I tend to get the fast firing, 2 hex range version. The rapid firing also suppresses better I find.

We have not really typed about airframes, but I suggest a good tough FB. The A-10 Thunderbolt II is a really good choice early on. It builds very fast, (only 90 days), and has exceptional stopping power. Most importantly, its attack range allows you to stand off from the target hex and keep your planes safe from most ground fire.
It does have short range, which can be an issue.

A good alternative is the A-4kU Skyhawk II. Good range and nice attack stats. As a bonus it can use carriers.

NOTE: typed very fast with checking spelling etc. I am playing a game of HOI 3 SF, which requires more attention.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on May 18 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

Al right!

After almost 2 years of war, I´m back at def 1. Bolívia is gone, Paraguay became a island with Brasil al around.

Inflation is lower than 20% and slowly but steadily, the budget is getting balanced. Pop is blooming, way over 200 millions and birth/death rate is 2 to 1. Emigration is low and immigration is high. All together, I´m hopping to see unemployment get higher and later be able of investing in infra and get serious bizz. With all the conquering, self-sufficiency is as good as done.

Is there a way to sale the reserves?

And my research ranking is getting pretty low and I have nothing more to add the list. A few more items and the researching is done. And I´m only half way through the next advancing.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Assuming you mean how to sell military Reserves;

Diplomatic Exchange> Last Icon. This allows you to choose any branch of your military and any units that are in Reserve Status. (Not deployed)

What game year is it by the way?

Shoedidoe
Warrant Officer

Post by Shoedidoe »

End of 22.

Inflation is growing again, but I think because I lowered some low income and small bizz taxes, as well improved law, environmental and cultural subsidies. Emigration is very low and immigration very high, but unemployment does not come up :cry:

Consume is getting higher. Besides water, I managed to keep the rest at self-sufficiency. Don't know, though, if it will stay like that if consume rises too fast. Two products concerns me, because it's production costs are higher than market value: water and ind.goods. I'm fulling my reserves, but don't know if is a smart move, because it's taking a looong time. Some products seems to need a lot, like military, that is now with a reserve of 10 years but the bar still not full. Again, maybe it is not a smart move to do :oops:

When in war with Bolívia, the most difficult think was not to better it's army, but to supply my troops. Very slow advancing due lack of supplies [_]O

Return to “General Discussion - 2020”