research of units

Discuss Research and Social Aspects of the game here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

joecool250
Captain

research of units

Post by joecool250 »

i am at level 115 of my research. i am the US. although i cant research the Aurora planes. i have researched everything but the nuclear, biological, chemical and the human cloning. i turned of WMD, so i didnt think i had to research it. what should i do?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I believe I screwed up the unique numbers and overwrote that one during export on the last update (didn't I fix that in update 2? :-? ) so it is not appearing properly in the list. If you would like to correct it before the next update, find the Fi-6 GAC in your SRUNITS.CSV file in the custom folder, it should be #1091. It is marked as 1090, the same as the Aurora, so is bumping that one out :oops:

For those who don't want to bother with that, it will be fixed in update 4, sorry about that. :oops:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

research of units

Post by joecool250 »

i did that, restarted the program and it didnt work. do i need to research any prequisite units, i didnt research the kite one or CC one i think, i cant remember the names.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

no, as soon as you reach the required tech level it will appear in the list. Units are never a prerequisite for other units and if any techs are required they will be pulled in when you queue up the Aurora.

Just realized, if you follow the mapeditor instructions it will only update the equipment list for custom scenarios, not regular ones. :oops:

...the unit will be fixed in update 4
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

when will update 4 come out?

secondly, what do u mean if i follow map editro instruction? i redid the SRUNITS.csv file.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That's what I meant, to correct the entry then re-import SRUNITS.CSV (as described in the mapeditor documentation)

For ETA on update 4 check the thread about that in general...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
joecool250
Captain

Post by joecool250 »

i cant find the forum on update 4
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Chris Latour