Baloogan Nuke Mod

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Baloogan Nuke Mod

Post by Baloogan »

Hey all, I was playing around with SR2010 recently preparing for SR2020's release (and beta :D ) and tweaking the game using the game files.

I really love using nukes, but I hate how they basically end your game after using them once or twice. (Or a couple dozen times :lol: )
I thought to myself: how can I play with nukes without ruining the game experience, realism be damned!

Answer: Don't play with nukes! Remove the nuke flag from every nuke, so now all of the nukes in the game will be horrifyingly powerful conventional weapons rather than nukes. This way the AI will use them. And your own autobuild ministers will build and deploy them.

Playing with the nuke flags removed from the missiles is really quite fun!

Being a nation which can build nukes is a major major advantage. :lol:

Here is how to do it: (I'll post a executable file which will edit the .cvs file for you in a day or so)

I went into Custom/SRUNITS.cvs in Microsoft Excel:
Went over to the Tac. Nuke and Strategic nuke column
And changed all the Y to N

Then in the map editor I imported the equipment file and copied Custom/DATA/DEFAULT.UNI to Maps/DATA

:-) Nice easy and simple.

Edit: I copy pasted large blocks of Ns to cover the Ys with a minimum of work. It doesn't matter if the Ns are on places where there are no units, the only thing which makes a row in this file a unit is a number in the left most column.
Missiles!! Nukes!
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Could someone send a copy of their C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Supreme Ruler 2010\Custom\SRUNITS.csv file to me at baloogan AT gmail DOT com? My copy is ... very very VERY modded and I didn't keep an original copy.

Please only send the file if you havn't modded the game yet, I want to make sure that my program will edit an unmodified version of the SRUNITS.csv file correctly to make sure it will work for everyone.
Missiles!! Nukes!
Draken
General
Human: Yes

Post by Draken »

http://www.battlegoat.com/files/SRUNITS_user.zip

Not sure how updated it is...

I'm not home now but tonight I'll email you my copy
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Draken wrote:http://www.battlegoat.com/files/SRUNITS_user.zip

Not sure how updated it is...

I'm not home now but tonight I'll email you my copy
Thank you! I didn't know that there was the SRUNITS.csv file available online.

Here is an edited SRUNITS.csv and a compiled (is that the right word?) copy of it ready to be extracted into your Supreme Ruler 2010 directory.

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~rory/download/B ... rectory.7z
Missiles!! Nukes!
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Do you reckon if you change some of these things for thr FARP then it mightv work? I might try it if it is slightly possible then post back my results in another string.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

SGTscuba wrote:Do you reckon if you change some of these things for thr FARP then it mightv work? I might try it if it is slightly possible then post back my results in another string.
It won't work... I tried it a year or two ago...
-
-
Voltaire
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I didn't quite understand how you extract it so could you just send me a copy of it please or make it simpler to understand. I dont seem to have the option to extract the file but i do know that i have to go into the editor and press import equip file i believe. could someone who has this mod help me with my problem please and tell me how they did it. Thank you.
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

FIRST MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DEFAULT.UNI (found in <insert your path here>\Supreme Ruler 2010\Maps\DATA)

You can get here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

the software (freeware) to extract the DEFAULT.UNI file into your <insert your path here>\Supreme Ruler 2010\Maps\DATA
-
-
Voltaire
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

thx for help will try on pc later
LeoXiao
Sergeant

Post by LeoXiao »

Coolest thing in existence. But the AI isn't nuking me, even though I've already used 40+ of them.

Return to “Mods”