I have a problem with a mod i made

If you have the desire to modify SR2010 here is where you can discuss and share your designs and ideas. NOTE: Mods are a change to the original program and are not supported by BattleGoat Studios.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Igor
Lieutenant

I have a problem with a mod i made

Post by Igor »

I made a mod that changed the unit production speed bonus of the "Upgraded Manufacturing" tech to 99% instead of 7%, but it doesn't seem to work. My main reason for this is that i was playing as Europe in the world scenario and wanted to build some carriers. So i naturally went for the most expensive one, the charles de gaulle. But to my shock and horror, it takes 542 ******* days to build!!! This game moves ahead at a mind numbingly slow pace, so 542 days is utterly un-acceptable. So anyway, after making the change and making sure it was showing up in the description of the tech (which it did) i figured i was all set. So i researched the tech and then went to see if it worked.

But it didn't. It still says that it takes 542 days to build it! What the hell happened top my tech? Why isn't it working? It should have halved the production time, but it didn't. Do i need to start a new game for any changes to the tech tree to take effect or what? Because i tried it with a saved game. I was assuming that the changes worked since i could see them in the description of the tech. It clearly said 99% bonus instead of 7%. But is that just for show? Do you actually need to start a whole new game for the changes to take effect? It shouldn't, because i also changed the time it takes to research it to only 1 day, and that change worked, unlike the 99% bonus. It only took 1 day to research it instead of the usual 30 or so days. So if the change to the time it takes to research it worked, how come the production speed bonus didn't? Is there some limit to how high you can set it? Because at first i tried setting it to 200%, but then it got all bugged and showed up as negative in the description of the tech, so i changed it down to 99% instead hoping that would work. It got rid of the negative number in the description and made it show up correctly, but it still seems to not be working. Any ideas?
red
General

Post by red »

Tech CSV changes need to be imported in the map editor and the new scenario file restarted, I think.
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

I already imported the tech file with the editor. But what do you mean that the scenario file needs to be restarted? Do you mean i have to start a new game?
red
General

Post by red »

Yes, because your savegame no longer has any relation to the scenario file. It isn't in any way affected by your updating the scenario file.
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

But i didn't change the scenario file, i only changed the tech tree. So how could my save not have any relation to my sceneario file since i didn't change it? Also, how come my other changes worked and not my production bonus change?
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

Ok, i've now tried starting a whole new game and it's still not working. After reasearching the tech my units still take as long to build as they did before. Someone please help me here, since this is bothering me to no end. I just HAVE to have faster build times.

I appreciate any help.
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Igor wrote: I just HAVE to have faster build times.
I bet a few world leaders say the same thing with real world equipment. LOL.
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

Look, i really want to get the damn tech to work. Can someone help me or not? What am i doing wrong? I imported the techtree.csv with the map editor and then copied the default.ttr file to the data dir in the mission dir. It shows up fine in the game. The changes i made to the time it takes to research it are working fine (i changed it to one day and that works) but the only thing that doesn't work is the actual production speed bonus. I even tried setting it back to the default 7% but even that doesn't work. I think that tech is bugged. Even the default value for it doesn't actually speed up unit build speeds, so it must be a bug.
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

Don't be so quick to jump to saying that it's a bug. Have you adjusted the "unit itself"? And imported that information into the scenario you are playing?
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

What unit?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

What is the ID# of the tech you are attmepting to mod and what effect # are you using?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

This is how the tech looks in the techtree.csv file:

275,6 - Society,Upgraded Manufacturing,"Research and Implementation of Upgrades to Manufacturing processes and systems, resulting in increased production line efficiencies.",277,,1,105,12000,15,99,80,10,500,500,0.33,,n,y,,,,,,Production Upgrades,,

As you can see, i changed the first tech effect, which is unit build speed to 99 instead of the usual 7. I also changed the ammount of time it takes to research to 1 day. I can confirm that the research time that i changed works properly. It used to take over 1 month to research the tech, now it only takes 1 day at full research funding. The changes also show up correctly in game, in the tech description in the research interface. It clearly says that it gives a 99% unit build speed bonus in the game. But it doesn't actually take effect. After i'm done researching it, all my units still take the same ammount of time to build. I've also changed a few other techs to give the same bonus, but that didn't work either.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You're correct, the data looks good. Not sure why it's not working, but sadly I can't really offer any support on this mod. Mods are, after all, mostly unsupported...

If you believe that the normally assigned 7% boost is not working, that is another matter entierly.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

Well, i did try to set it back to 7% but that didn't seem to work either. I'll test it with the backup files in the custom directory and see if that has any effect.
Igor
Lieutenant

Post by Igor »

Ok, i've now tried using the default techtree.csv and starting a brand new scenario and even that didn't work. So my only guess is that it must be a bug. Maybe i just screwed something up on my end, but if you guys could test it and see if it works i'd appreciate it. And if it does work, could you give some suggestions as to why it might not work for me?

Return to “Mods”