Spelling Error in GS Server!

Post here to arrange or discuss multiplayer games. Remember when planning a game to state the time the lobby will be open, the time the game will start and the time zone you are in and if you are going to play through Gamespy or direct IP address.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

What should be added or changed to SR in Multiplayer?

Poll ended at Feb 11 2006

Speed of the game
33%
Only take 10 hexes at the time when at war and after the invading player has to wait at least 5-10 mins to take the other 10 hexes
No votes
Add an instantaneous build option
No votes
Research time should be reduced dramatically
67%
Change the start up of multiplayer to 0 troops, 0 industries, 2-5 Mil Dollars
No votes
Add or chane nothing
No votes

Total votes: 3
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Spelling Error in GS Server!

Post by Mrodakis »

Hi guys again,

If you have gamespy and connect to it without using the SP ruler menu, you will see that the GS room for the server is "Supreme Roler 2010" and not "Supreme Ruler 2010" as it is suppose to be.

Also, I read a post where a guy was complaining why there is people in gamespy. I'm excited that the release of the game in Europe will probably help a lot but I think the main idea would be to focus on this game to make it multi player playable.

In multiplayer I get the feeling that this game is a mixture of many good RTS features but just the start up of the game and the terrible slow pace of the game makes it almost impossible to play. I think that gamers for most part like quick games but long games are ok as long as the gamer is doing something and not waiting for something to finish building the whole time. This is why my INSTA build comes in play which I hope it is possible to do.

About no people in Gamespy, really, I have been in gamespy for like over 5 years. The way it works is like this: Most players go searching around lobbies for what rooms have a lot of players, if they see a steady number or a little number of player but steady then they decide to give the game a try, or download the demo and try it out. At least, this is what I do with my buddies in gamespy when I want to play a new game.

The problem with not having a little and steady group of people playing there is that the multi player is almost unplayable. There is a good number already of members in this forum and they are all very nice and give LOADS of feedback if we make changes to the game I think people would be playing the game a lot more than it is played now.

Best regards to the developers and the community,

Mrodakis
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: Spelling Error in GS Server!

Post by Legend »

Mrodakis wrote:Hi guys again,

If you have gamespy and connect to it without using the SP ruler menu, you will see that the GS room for the server is "Supreme Roler 2010" and not "Supreme Ruler 2010" as it is suppose to be.
Mrodakis
I can't find the place you are talking about.
Can you be more specific or even send me a screen shot? daxon@battlegoat.com
Thanks.
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

Ok, I sent you the screenshot.

Gamespy error from their part.

Best regards,

Mrodakis
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

We've notified GameSpy and they should have by now corrected this.
- David
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

This has now been fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”