My Thoughts about MP!

Post here to arrange or discuss multiplayer games. Remember when planning a game to state the time the lobby will be open, the time the game will start and the time zone you are in and if you are going to play through Gamespy or direct IP address.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Mrodakis
Sergeant

My Thoughts about MP!

Post by Mrodakis »

Hi all,

I have played multiplayer against Red and other members here and thoughts is that it is not as enjoyable as playing single player.

First of all all games where: Set your economy up which meant that I just had to put the right cabinet members in each section, setting up my economy, and placing the already given troops in the border so we could go at it. The war signal was: "are you done or ready? ok..., lets fight" and nothing else. It was total chaos afterwards.

There was no building of any sort. No use of technological development, no use of diplomacy, no use of building industries and it is like this because the game by nature takes a long time to be played.

the game tended to slow down after 20 minutes of play but this is probably due to the numerous players that are from Australia, take into consideration that I'm in the United States so it is pretty far.

All of these issues lets me think that the game needs an instantaneous build. This would be like if you want to build industries or anything, then it should just build it and not take time. It the game should let you build it right away which would add time to the player to do other things.

Maybe this setting is not possible to incorporate in the game, hopefully it is. I'm an avid RTS gamer. I'm really good at Warcraft III, Stronghold (multiplayer Champion) and other RTS games. So what is my point? well, I plan to create a scenario specially for multiplayer games. The settings would be: 0 industries to start up with, about 2 million in money, 0 military. I really think it is possible to make this game a very good multiplayer game but it just missing a couple of thing and we are discovering as I play against people.

Any comments welcomed,

Best regards,

Mrodakis
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I dunno, the games I've played with more than two players have all been at least over four hours long. I had enough time to research five or six technologies, make myself self-sufficient in all resources I had access to, and build up a large and varied military. And these were as first-tier regions in the United States.

I dunno, different experiences, I guess. If anything, I'd love to play MP more.
Mrodakis
Sergeant

Post by Mrodakis »

4 hours for some players is an eternity.

Lots of things can happen in 4 hours that will not let you finish the game.

Well at least that is what I think.

I woud love more MP time too.

Best regards,

Mrodakis
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Actually with my expericence in Mp games it really depends on who ur playing aganist. Red for one will declare war before u do. :lol: I have never had the chance to DoW on him yet. But I have had good experience with the MP. I had games that went up to 3 hours with no fighting but then again I had wars that lasted 3 hours too. I have upgraded industries and built new ones. Researched 3 or 4 techs in one game. I mean the Mp isn't flawed just U haven't played aganist someone who will take their time like u want to. Course I do that sometimes unless its aganist Red then I be planning for a war until it happens.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

bergsjaeger wrote:Course I do that sometimes unless its aganist Red then I be planning for a war until it happens.
:lol:

I second that.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

In future we'll try to design some specific multi-player scenarios that are designed for shorter play times to accomodate those players that don't have the time for longer games. As an fyi... Our internal Multi Player LAN games generally don't get finished and they are at least one (if not several) five hour sessions :)
- David
ETF
Lieutenant

Post by ETF »

I would agree also. My LAN sessions are 3-5 hours in length with about 3-4 different dates before completion/abdication.
Playing- CMBN, WITE, SR2020GC, HOI3, Jutland, CIV5, PON, EU3, Vicky 2
targonium
Corporal

Post by targonium »

You right ! ебнутые и тупые америкосы блядь, учитесь мануалы чЕтать пидары. Школьники собрались и в "стратежку" играют....
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

To address the original post...

At BattleGoat Studios we test the game weekly in a Multi-player setting. Although our games don't always actually end we tend to play larger maps and take on AI regions first... with more regions we have to make sure we constantly our addressing our economy and industries and so on.

Unless online people are only playing the smallest of maps, the longer the game the more you have to keep your economy going...

We also do a lot of posturing in our games so... it not everyone fighting it out at the same time. I too have played some online games with certain people... and I recall those games having the set up your economy and attack feel. Posturing helps to delay some people from attacking and having more regions involved keeps some people at bay.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”