If their was,more MP action

Post here to arrange or discuss multiplayer games. Remember when planning a game to state the time the lobby will be open, the time the game will start and the time zone you are in and if you are going to play through Gamespy or direct IP address.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

If their was,more MP action

Post by ozmono2005 »

I am currently not playing this game since I got into civ4 BUT had their been more MP action I probably wouldn't have got so heavely involved with playing civ4, its just civ4 gave me Mp action from day one and whenever I wanted it(for obvious reasons)

I write this not to complain or to try and reemphazise mine and Bergs championships idea but to express my sorrow that strategy first was unable to deliever u the market u deserve for SR2010 as a little gaming company you've made SR2010 a GREAT!!! game BUT even better MP game, and I think its a shame that you didn't get the numbers in one large hit so as to encourage more MP activity.

Finally I will restate that if you supported it(you would have to do alot more now than before for obvious reasons aswell) you may be able to still boast MP activity for SR2010
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

U know the issue with Mp games is the only flaw ( i guess u call it that) the game has. I know myself it takes me sometimes days before I even see someone in GS. And some of the time the ppl i do see are away. I end up waiting on them to come back but they never do. I enjoy games that are heavy Mp supported. Course I enjoy SP games for SR2010 too. But I seen some games that were 2 to 3 years old still being played in MP. And that was even after a squel or newer version came out. But anyways.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: If their was,more MP action

Post by Balthagor »

ozmono2005 wrote:...Finally I will restate that if you supported it(you would have to do alot more now than before for obvious reasons aswell) you may be able to still boast MP activity for SR2010
I'm not really sure what you're suggesting we do to solve this issue. With all the copies of the game sold, the Gamespy lobby remains fairly empty and there have been only a handfull of ppl coming here to the forum to look for mutliplayer games. We do hope that when we get European distribution out to the market this will add to the number of online players and grow the community but I'm not sure what else can be done. Our ongoing support for the game also takes up a certain amount of our resources so taking the lead on running things such as tournys or ladder matches doesn't seem very effecitve to me, that would satisfy the current community but would to little to attract ppl to join us online and would take away from our time working on updates and new content.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

Really I don't think there's much more u could do to get alot of MP games to going. Alot of ppl never even play them and some never have the time. I guess some games have a huge crowd in GS and in online games and then there's others only a few ppl play in the MP. Its always been that way. As for SR2010 hopefully the europeans will get into Mp games by the groves. And i bet it will because i seen other games were the MP was filled with europeans and only a handful of ppl from this side of the world.
onerobot
Warrant Officer

Post by onerobot »

I may try to set up a dedicated newbies game in GS when I have some time- I think that the main problem with MP is that is is populated exclusively by people who have thoroughly mastered the game. Not that this is their fault or anything, as progression throught he game seems to be:

1. Tutorials
2. First game
3. Get overwhelmed by the sheer complexity
4. Put the game away in a dark corner for a month
5. Give it another try and find discover that it's an awesome game.
6. MP

Hopefully having some casual MP games will allow some people skip that nasty step 4.
Seydlitz
Major

Post by Seydlitz »

I think part of the issue with why the MP community is so small is that the game is very intimidating, even to someone with experience with it. The idea of having to control so much during a MP game can seem quite dauntingn - it did to me until I finally gave it a try.

Of course, not much can be done here, can it? The best hope is that more people will overcome their "fears" and give the game a shot.

P.S. The lack of players does, however, mean that anyone not on the forums has a very small chance of finding a game available to them. Once again, not much can be done here. The forums are well advertised, as far as I'm concerned.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Well I'm still open to play mp games with anyone. Whoever it be just have to ask me for a game and i try to be in GS at the date and time they ask to play the game. :lol: Course there's times I won't show. Those times something came that i had to deal with. :lol: And as a promise to anyone who be new to the MP games I go easy on them Matter fact I wouldn't have a war with them unless they start it. :lol: And that has happened before. As a good hint for MP games trust no one. :D even me. Course u can trust me for the 1st game. :lol:
Chairmen Marow
Sergeant

Post by Chairmen Marow »

Well just mosey on over at 8 to gamespy for some mp
"13" my unlucky number
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Y wait we can play right now. In GS right now.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”