wont update from 4.4.2 to 4.6.1 on vista

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

wont update from 4.4.2 to 4.6.1 on vista

Post by SGTscuba »

Ok, I have put SR2010 on 2 comps, I recently reinstalled on both to get rid of some of the mods I didn't want anymore. On my XP I downloaded the update and it installed, but on vista, I couldn't find the option to auto update, so i downloaded it off a post on this site as it wouldn't get it from BG studio's via the auto update. This updater worked on xp but not no vista, it just said "nothing to update". I have admin on my xp but not on my window on vista. The first time I installed it I updated it on my window (i think). Should I go on the admin window and install it there or just remove the game, then reinstall it completely?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
George Geczy
General

Re: wont update from 4.4.2 to 4.6.1 on vista

Post by George Geczy »

In both XP and Vista (but Vista in particular) there are significant issues if the game is installed and/or updating using different users or different permissions. This isn't the case just with SR, it also affects a lot of apps and games.

For Vista would suggest doing a full uninstall, and then using administrator level install and update it.

For XP, you should install, update and play with an account that has sufficient permissions, the so-called 'limited user accounts' are difficult to set up properly.

-- George.
SGTscuba
General

Re: wont update from 4.4.2 to 4.6.1 on vista

Post by SGTscuba »

xp, my brother put all the windows as admin.

On vista, you are allowed only 1 admin for some reason, but i will update it on his window when I get chance tommorow, if it doesn't work then, I will do a full reinstall, but like I said, it updated itself last time on my window.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “SR2010 Support”