Revamp unit system

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

stuguy909
Colonel
Human: Yes

Revamp unit system

Post by stuguy909 »

I've written my own python tools to turn your csv into sqlite, and vice versa. I use my own scripts and editors to bulk edit and modify units and rebuild the unit and research csv. One thing of note is that your CSV has a lot of data points, many which are unused. One thing I always wanted, especially as a minor nation, was the ability to create my own units. Being that I can easily create unit designs with script, even select the units by research and get average weapon damage and armor variables for said tech, it wouldn't be a long shot to allow players the ability to select a hull and techs to research a custom unit design and build it. The numerical output being based off of unit averages in the same research class. Hell, give the player the option to spend more money and time on research to increase armor or weapons outputs, or reduce cost or production time. AI can still use the core files, but I think there is room to allow the player to build custom things for itself, and the mechanic isn't so difficult to draw up.

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”