Ideas for improvements

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

BigAraWalkedToMe
Corporal
Human: Yes

Ideas for improvements

Post by BigAraWalkedToMe »

Improve production controls:
Playing the bigger countries, it is impossible to control what I want to build. If I have 100 land production sites, I really would like to set with one mouseclick that 50 percent of what is going to be build must be a Tank T80, 25 percent Infantry EFV Aligator (and so on), in stead of 100 times clicking the ones I want.
make it easier to compare units skills

Improve unit controls
a list with unittypes like Infantry / recon / tank (etcetera) with a check list so I can put check marks how I want them to act.( ROE / minister control / ignore selecting the unit on the map / follow the road or take a shortcut / etc)
possibility to select unittypes (I dont want my artillery at the front of the war when I select 100 units)

What does the control do
It would be really nice to read shortly in a 'pop-up' what the controls do when you click on it. the text must be different if you put it off. (sometimes it is confusing wether its doing what I want it to do or not)

Garrissons
I would like to see a list with types of landhexes so I can put check marks how many garrissons it gets, divided in theaters

make things some more clear, like this:
State - influence relations - fund insergency - provide modern equipment. If I click at this, am I providing the opposition or the government?
when do units accept more or less damage before the leave the battle for reparations? I always get confused with this...

Countries
add all independence movements to loyalty
More respect for neutral countries. Many times Swiss is attacking Germany or France...

Diplomacy
Tell me why some countries dont like me
Tell me what friendly countries want from me
Acting in the Yalta Conference. If I conquered Russia, I want to decide if Crimea gets independency or added to Ukraine. Or at least possibility to merge countries (like Korea or Ireland)
Before the game starts, I would like to select who is in the western bloc and who is eastern. Just to enjoy other settings every game again.

miscelaneous
add ratings to national atlas
ministers give advice to improve playing and get your country to toplevel
when releasing a country to independence or colony, make it possibly to set conditions.
creating a newsitem of what happens in countries. elections won by the east bloc and stuff like that

After SR2030 (looking forward to it!) I would like to see a colonial era :-)
BigAraWalkedToMe
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Ideas for improvements

Post by BigAraWalkedToMe »

In addition to "the Jalta Conference" as stated in this post:
Every country has his opinion how state boundaries should be drawn. That's why it could be fun to click on a country or a not-yet-existing-country and see how he thinks where his and other countries' boundaries lie. It is also a way to find an ally in war and a way to promise hexes if he joins the war. For bigger countries like Russia it could be in gradations. Some would prefer just the east of Ukraine, others would say the complete Sovet Union belongs to them.
I believe the whole map could be redrawn over and over again what makes it every game divers.

Looking forward to SR2030!

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”