Modding improvements wishlist

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Modding improvements wishlist

Post by Uriens »

I'd like to use this thread to make a comprehensive list of needed/wanted modding improvements. Some of them were mentioned already on the discord but i do believe it's best to have them somewhat organized in a single thread.
Also, i'd encourage other modders to add or comment to the list.

1. Sound files - increase current limit of available battle sound ID's (120 currently?) to 1000 or more. This will help for modders to avoid overriding vanilla or each other's sounds.

2. Random number generation for events - add an event that will generate random number (min/max specified in the eventparami0 and eventparami1). Then we can use conditions to check on the result and get true/false. This will help create events that won't trigger always but randomly in each game or have different parameters or results.

3. Change how event 8 (Surrender/ Elimination of a region) works. Currently "i1: 1=Loyalty Merge (Group/Unify only)" works only on live regions and with pointers from Balthagor it kindda works but has its problems. What would really be needed is that when event is triggered is to make a complete passthrough of all hexes that one time and switch ALL surrendering regions hexes loyalty to targeted region's loyalty, regardless if surrendering nation is dead or not. Right now, using current method (resurrecting surrendering region) results can get rather 'messy' (for example, if third region interferes and takes control of some hexes, then those hexes won't be changing loyalty) or buggy as all garrisons you had with all the active personnel assigned to them will disappear when making surrendering region alive.
Its a one time passthrough for specified event and it shouldn't impact performance much.
For my mod specifically this would help a lot if i'm to allow 'recreation' of splintered countries that have lots of regions (eg. USA or Russia). Currently, biggest one i have working is for Italy which has only 4 regions and even then i had to use 51 events to make it happen properly with problems mentioned above. Trying to do that for say Texas or Canada in order to recreate USA i would bog down game in literarily millions of events. This change alone would help this massively and would indirectly SPEED UP game as less events would be tracked by the game to achieve same results.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Modding improvements wishlist

Post by Uriens »

4. Variables.ini - It would seem that game can read this file only in the original location (SRUltimate\Localize\LOCALEN) and will ignore it in mod folder. That means that it will conflict with any other mod that changes same file and will get overwritten by any game update or steam file verification. Specifically, i need this file to add new govtypes and this is where their names are specified.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Modding improvements wishlist

Post by evildari »

Uriens wrote: Oct 11 2022 4. Variables.ini - It would seem that game can read this file only in the original location (SRUltimate\Localize\LOCALEN) and will ignore it in mod folder. That means that it will conflict with any other mod that changes same file and will get overwritten by any game update or steam file verification. Specifically, i need this file to add new govtypes and this is where their names are specified.
i would like to extend that to the whole INI Folder.

5. custom Terrain-file should be recognized in Mapeditor and in Game
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”