Manpower and military reserve changes - suggestion

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Manpower and military reserve changes - suggestion

Post by Zuikaku »

I'd like to propose reorganization to manpower and reserves and also introduction of conscription policies. All of these are nonexistant in SRU. The overly simplified system as is is somewhat like more military spendings = more military manpover (to man the units), relative to population, ofcourse. I feel that in new SR we need to break these manpower numbers into conscripts and trained reserves. conscripts fill regular and new units. Trained reserves (men with advanced training or former military experience in (combat) units fill elite/veteran/experienced units. When these trained reserves are unavailable, conscripts are used at the cost of deteriorating unit experience.

I also propose these conscription policies:
a) professional armies - only trained reserves are created with 0 conscripts
b) 6 month military service - somewhat higher number of trained reserves + conscripts (significantly more than trained reserves)
c) 12 month military service - +50% trained reserves + 50% conscripts
d) 24 month military service - +60% trained reserves + 75% conscripts
e)36months and more military service - +100% trained reserves + 100% conscripts
- special conscription modifier (affects from a to e) - female concription - +30% trained reserves + 80% conscripts

Also, each of these woul'd have effect on military spendings and popularity.
This also negates some of "vodnik effects".
Also, more military spending on training = more trained reserves and less conscripts
Please teach AI everything!
SGTscuba
General

Re: Manpower and military reserve changes - suggestion

Post by SGTscuba »

Maybe have a training pool? Where the units maint cost goes up but they slowly accumulate experience?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”