UN / Allies resolve / Response

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

UN / Allies resolve / Response

Post by mrgenie »

The concept we see in the Ukraine - other countries starting to deliver weapons to a nation that's being attacked.

This is a concept I'd love to see in SR too.

If a country, stick to Russia, commits genocide in Chechnya, then invades Georgia, the crimes committed in Syria, Mali, Kyrgystan, Transnistria, imperial expansion.

And it never stops - over time more and more countries oppose you and at some point - you make a step too big.

What Putin does now today - Hitler did back then and he also expanded, grabbed lands, thought he'd get away with it.

but the invasion of Poland was one step too far..
The invasion of Ukraine is one step too far..

At that point - countries start to supply money, goods, military units, etc..

I'd like to see this also in SR.. this will keep the balance in the world and make it for a human player virtually impossible to conquer the world - unless you're REALLY REALLY good and slick with politics, trade, etc..

This should then also be considered by the AI, sanctions can backfire.. will the AI do sanctions or provide weapons or whole units - if it can backfire.. a proper risk assessment engine should be added to the AI.. at what point the AI will say:"this is a step too far"

Chechnya wasn't a step too far.. Austria "Anschluss" neither. Saarland and Transistria also not a step too far.

Crimea and Sudetenland also not a step too far.

But Poland/Ukraine - a step too far.

Such a mechanism would be beautiful for SR.

And again - expose it to the DLL with "multiple possibilities" about the response by AI against aggression to support victim countries then we the modders can add more responses and expose them to the AI.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: UN / Allies resolve / Response

Post by evildari »

vanilla SRU - can do that (though not always to very good effect).
In a recent Game i played as Syria almost everyone and their cat loved me,
then i had to liberate those ancestral lands in Israel...
I have seen several rather a lots of different flags over units that helped israel (though they had no allies) - and at such cramped space there most of the time even in same hex/stack.

Maybe i got lucky (or in my case unlucky) to see such response :o
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Suggestions - 2030”