Supreme Ruler 2030 FAQ

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Supreme Ruler 2030 FAQ

Post by George Geczy »

As we approach the release of Supreme Ruler 2030, we'll compile and answer questions in this post.

Q: Why 2030?
A: The modern Supreme Ruler series began with Supreme Ruler 2010 published in 2005, looking at the world in a chaotic near future. That continued with SR2020, first published in 2008. While players have enjoyed the series exploring many other eras - World War II, World War I, the Cold War, and even a far distant future (or past?) in Galactic Ruler, our simulation of the modern and near-future world we live in remains a favorite with many players and fans. We think that our game engine is particularly well designed for the modern era.

Q: Is this an entirely new game engine?
A: Yes and no. The core engine design retains all the main features and capabilities of the Supreme Ruler 2020 engine design. Technically we've upgraded the engine to 64-bit and DirectX 11, and many internal capabilities have expanded greatly, but the SR2030 engine should be looked at as an evolution of the engine - the Next Generation, basically.

Q: What eras or timelines will ship with the game?
A: We will be shipping a 2030 near-future timeline and also a modern world (2023) sandbox.

Q: Will the graphics and performance be greatly improved over previous games?
A: We have made significant upgrades to game performance that allow more regions and more detail in our game worlds, as well as improved game speed. Graphics have been improved in many areas however Supreme Ruler games remain focused on depth and detail over graphics and visual effects.

Feel free to start a new discussion thread with your comments, suggestions, and feedback!
sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 2030 FAQ

Post by sparky282 »

Will the GUI scale options transfer over from Galatic Ruler?

I'm guessing they will but wanted to check with todays bigger screens that option is almost essential
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, but our goal is to better "trap" for valid scaling up. Currently players could set a value where they cannot get back to the controls to undo it because they scaled up bigger than their monitor really supports.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Balthagor wrote: Dec 03 2022 Yes, but our goal is to better "trap" for valid scaling up. Currently players could set a value where they cannot get back to the controls to undo it because they scaled up bigger than their monitor really supports.
Ah right I see good to hear its coming to SR i currently play on a 52" tv sat about 4meters away and unfortunately SRU is unplayable guess I'll have to wait patiently [_]B :D
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Will psychotronics and cognitive warfare be explored? It's all the rage in military lectures and i can assure you there are some amazing capabilities that aren't public and any future major conflicts will be fought in the cognitive realm first and foremost.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
gevans
Warrant Officer

Post by gevans »

SR 2030 sounds very interesting, will there be ai improvements as well ?
Is there a release date yet ?

Return to “General Discussion - 2030”