Unable to drop colony ship into occupied territory

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arquebus_x
Captain
Human: Yes

Unable to drop colony ship into occupied territory

Post by arquebus_x »

Is this something I should be able to do? I also wasn't able to drop a colony ship onto an unoccupied planet on another save.

I use the COLONIZE command from space, right click, go to the planet view, right click. The ship arrives and lands but does not deploy. I do get a hammer cursor, but all it does when I right-click is move the colony ship. (You can't see the cursor in the image below - it's the hammer cursor, not the regular arrow.)

arquebus_x
Captain

Re: Unable to drop colony ship into occupied territory

Post by arquebus_x »

Video of the issue: https://youtu.be/5ZIaaiEfZGc
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Currently you can't colonize something that is colonized. That rule has longer term considerations, ticket 30741. Not sure when we'll have better ideas around this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arquebus_x
Captain

Post by arquebus_x »

Is there a way to "manually" increase the population of a colony - that is, not relying on immigration/emigration?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Not currently. We considered a few ideas, none of them really made sense. You can't just "move people", they tend to make their own decisions.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arquebus_x
Captain

Post by arquebus_x »

In most cases that does make the most sense. However, I'm running into an issue of low reserve personnel on my pirate invasion planet and I don't see a way to raise that in a reasonable time frame without shipping people over. And since technically those reserves (and active duty personnel) are soldiers, they should go wherever I tell them to (even if it comes at a cost to opinion). Being able at least to ship military population from place to place would make in-universe sense. Not sure if there's a way to distinguish the two, though.

So, for example, on the planet I'm invading I have 83 reserves associated with the colony that got created from the engineer's outpost. They seem not to be enough even to man a single barracks, let alone the production facilities I need to build up naval units (which can't be ported through space). I feel like I should be able to get more military personnel from my homeworld to this colony. Otherwise I'll have to wait a very long time for that to build up.

Return to “Issues and Support”