Power consumption runs my stocks down in 2 weeks.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Rancher
Private
Human: Yes

Power consumption runs my stocks down in 2 weeks.

Post by Rancher »

I have been noticing that every game I've played, regardless of the update (I started on some of the early builds of GR,) my power consumption completely overruns my supply and stocks of it. I am on the fast track build, but as state earlier, it seems to happen no matter what version I'm playing in. Any clue what might be wrong here?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Power consumption runs my stocks down in 2 weeks.

Post by Balthagor »

It may be the balance, we're still working on that. The latest build has completed the implementation of a Supply Chain screen that can probably help you understand what's creating the pressure. There has been a concern that population consumption of electricity might be out of balance, it's under review.
SupplyChain.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Oh, also, there is a lobby option for Resources when starting the game (dwindling/standard/abundant) so you have some control of that.
ResStart.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Did you build any new power plants ? In all the builds ive tried except the most recent,it was very easy to build the new power plants id end up needing to cover all the new production id start. the latest patch with the new power system is a chore right now, but i dont think its working right.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I've built some, but the new build does radically change the power situation. There is rarely more than a few places available to build. That is intentional. You can research the stellar collectors fairly early in the tech tree and start getting power from lava moons and gas giants.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Sorry, that question was to op ,as til the lest patch my exp is power was overly easy to generate.Even in past sr games ive played,and ive played almost all of them,power generation was overly easy.

As for resources in the lastest patch ,some are a real mess,hugely unbalanced on the negative side,with power generation being the worst.Ive got like 700 dark power plants and they produce almost nothing...and even withe the few hundred normal power plants the combined production is only like 23mil ,where my usages is like 60+ mil....Building 300+ new dark matter power plants only gets me like 2 mil new power :(
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Issues and Support”