the game is slow

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

youssef
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

the game is slow

Post by youssef »

I have a question for all of you. has GR gotten slower/ more lag. I don't know what happened I haven't played the game for several months and I just tried playing it again with the new FastTrack and I feel the game got slower. So I played a game with a small galaxy and 3 other empires at the start the game was fast maybe even too fast the speed was fastest the first 60 years of the game were fine then I decided to invade another planet and started building units. Now I know that the game got slower when you build more units but the problem is that in the entire galaxy 4 empires and 2 minor AI there were little over 2k units in the galaxy and this is over 100 years in the game. the game was so slow that I had to stop playing because in a game like this where I think that battles on the planets can be in the hundreds or thousands of units if you play in multiplayer and that could be more than one world you are fighting on the game lagging so hard that you can't play with only 2k units in the galaxy is not good. I used to fight on planets with over 2k units and the enemy at least 1k and it was better than this what happened?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: the game is slow

Post by Balthagor »

Is that when playing at the top game speed ("fastest")? We've made some adjustments to what speed the lower notches go at, so that might be a difference, and there's more work to do there, but the top speed is still "as fast as the engine can go"
That being said, a lot of changes we've made may have perf issues that we will be looking at more closely. Especially for games played in 100 years. We'll be checking this out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: the game is slow

Post by Balthagor »

A new fasttrack update was pushed today. Could you let us know how the speed feels with this version?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”