Outpost Modells suggestions

Have a feature request for GR? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

youssef
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Outpost Modells suggestions

Post by youssef »

until now outpost cant be build in game and I don't exactly how are you planning to make but her is my suggestion on how outpost should be.

outposts should be an area that you want to keep an eye on. space docks can't see anything you need a space ship for that and it cant fight back obviously so i have some suggestions on things you should be able to build on an outpost.

Note: outpost can be destroyed the are a building outside of your territory. you cant also build space production in them maybe labs.

space satellite
space satellite is one of the most important things you guys can add into the game. the space satellite will make you be able to see 5 or 6 tiles away or whatever you guys think is the best and the more you add the range of the space satellite will Increase so a space outpost will have a space outpost and 5 free models so if you add space satellites on all of them 5x5=25 range that the outpost can see so no one can sneak up on your space dock in the same system.

weapons platform
weapons platform are models that can fire missiles into the enemy. the weapons platform can also be affected by the space satellite so if the weapons platform can fire from 5 tiles away but you can only see 3 tiles away will that is your range now.

shield platform
shield platform can help you defend your outpost because your weapons platform only shot the cant defend them selfs and can get destroyed pretty easily. shield platform only defends it's like the weapons platform in the game but with a different name.

logistic hub
this model can help you Resupply your ships.

these models can help space outpost to be just as important as military ships and make them both a target and something like a science outpost or a space satellite or a defence outpost or a logistic hub this can be very intrasting.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Outpost Modells suggestions

Post by Balthagor »

youssef wrote: Jan 08 2021 until now outpost cant be build in game and I don't exactly how are you planning to make ...
Honestly, for this a facility, we don't have a solid idea yet either.
youssef wrote: Jan 08 2021 outposts should be an area that you want to keep an eye on. space docks can't see anything you need a space ship for that and it cant fight back obviously so i have some suggestions on things you should be able to build on an outpost.

Note: outpost can be destroyed the are a building outside of your territory. you cant also build space production in them maybe labs.
Well, Space Docks do currently give you a small line of sight. I think if they can coordinate the arrival and departure of their own ships, they need to have some ability to see. We did already add Orbital Sensor Array as a way to extend how far they see.
youssef wrote: Jan 08 2021 space satellite
space satellite is one of the most important things you guys can add into the game. the space satellite will make you be able to see 5 or 6 tiles away or whatever you guys think is the best and the more you add the range of the space satellite will Increase so a space outpost will have a space outpost and 5 free models so if you add space satellites on all of them 5x5=25 range that the outpost can see so no one can sneak up on your space dock in the same system.
We kind of already have this. They are called drones and they can move around. Why would you build a fixed location spotting unit if you could build one that can be moved around for faster and cheaper?
youssef wrote: Jan 08 2021 weapons platform
weapons platform are models that can fire missiles into the enemy. the weapons platform can also be affected by the space satellite so if the weapons platform can fire from 5 tiles away but you can only see 3 tiles away will that is your range now.
We already have this facility. Research Future Military Designs and you get a weapons platform you can build. I haven't tested it lately but it was working a month ago.
youssef wrote: Jan 08 2021 shield platform
shield platform can help you defend your outpost because your weapons platform only shot the cant defend them selfs and can get destroyed pretty easily. shield platform only defends it's like the weapons platform in the game but with a different name.
We do have a design for a planetary shield, but there are some technical issues. We'll be working on that. Facilities themselves have defense values and shields just like any spaceship in the game does. Not sure how we'd use a facility to enhance that. That's more a research item to make existing shields better.
youssef wrote: Jan 08 2021 logistic hub
this model can help you Resupply your ships.

Space dock already does this.

I appreciate you giving all this some thought. We're definitely looking for more ideas on what we can add to the system level. Your ideas are very similar to ours. What we having a tough time with is finding more suggestions than these common ideas. We're a bit stumped by this, but we'll keep coming back to it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
youssef
Warrant Officer

Post by youssef »

some systems have no planets or a small amount of them.
and you can have them like a fortress, not bond by planets and asteroids like space docks and can be built anywhere outside of your territory.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We discussed some of this in one of our YouTube videos. For now we intend to limit players to building around planets. If it's not attached to a planet, it's a spaceship.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - GR”