Suggestions

Have a feature request for GR? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Themis
Corporal
Human: Yes

Suggestions

Post by Themis »

Hello to all and to the devs, i have some suggestions for Galactic Ruler 1st a good editor-modding support to be able to import 3d models,create planets,races etc etc 2nd play as evil races throught editor necromancer,creatures/monsters/demons/Lovecraft Gods,creatures etc, also be able to customize planets and create a lava planet etc 3nd real Earth with real locations ,civlizations etc 4nd original/even custom abilities for example if you play as vampire can bite people and turn them in vampire, 5nd have a newspaper about our precense (if we visit earth) thaanks to all for your time and i hope(please you) to make my suggestions a reality.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Suggestions

Post by Balthagor »

That's actually a lot of different suggestions all rolled into one. Some of them are already on our radar. Editing the data files will continue to use an external editor like we do for SR. That same tool has evolved over the last few years. Lately I've been using it to evaluate the different types of planets we're getting and start expanding some of that variety, but it's a long process.

3D models are something entirely different. You just need someone with the skill to make them in a program like Blender or 3DS Max, then export them, assign a number and assign that number to a unit design. Not sure it's possible to make that process any simpler, making a 3D model is a complex task.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Themis
Corporal

Post by Themis »

Thanks a lot friend for answer yes my suggestions is not, one suggestion its different, thats why i put numbers 3d models i mean in editor to have a option to import 3d models also i mean a good editor-modding support.
So will be able to create new races,units like fantasy etc? also will be good if we have real earth with civs etc
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Themis wrote: Jul 16 2021 ... editor to have a option to import 3d models also i mean a good editor-modding support...
Do you mean to modify a 3D model in the BattleGoat scenario editor? That's not a thing we can do.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Themis
Corporal

Post by Themis »

general i mean to download a 3d model,and import it in game also i hope galactic ruler have a good editor etc
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Themis wrote: Jul 17 2021 general i mean to download a 3d model,and import it in game also i hope galactic ruler have a good editor etc
Models are not "imported". If you make a model in the right file format at the right level of detail, you can have any unit in the game reference that model. We've already shared with the modding community the standards for models in GR (.CMO file format with .DDS texture pages). Are you making the models yourself?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Themis
Corporal

Post by Themis »

no im not making the models by my self, but will try if i download a model from site(any site with free models),how i can have it in game?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Themis wrote: Jul 29 2021 ...how i can have it in game?
That's now a modding question, so I've started a new thread here with the answer.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - GR”