Nukes and approval effects

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SGTscuba
General

Nukes and approval effects

Post by SGTscuba »

Will units still surrender if you have approval effects off. I hope theyt dont because I want to use nukes on the world map and europe. I do not care if my things are zero as long as everything doesn't surrender. This will prove useful on my online game, where me (UK) and Heaford (Italy) will be alllies with the aim of beating the world map and the europe map and the winner of us two once everyone else is done is the one with the highest score, the other one surrendering so the score card shows up.

Thanks for any input.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Ive never tried it, but someone here on the forums did, and the result was yes.
They still surrendered.

Theres a thread here that discusses it fairly well somewhere.Ill try and find it.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=15
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

its a dam shame, and one that makes one of the most powerful weapons useless due to their effect, there is no point having them unless u can use them.

Another question, what MAR rating does it have to be before your units start surrendering?

If it is 0 or 1 then maybe i can grab a town in a landing which will bring it up right? all i have to do is nuke dem then make sure none of their ships get close enough to make mine surrender then take a town in a landing to get it to about 2% and stop them from surrendering.

Also does effeicency have an effect on military rating because i was thinking if i could get it high then my military rating would recover after a while.

Is there any threads discussing what affects your military rating?
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

I think the world is generally a happier place if leader's don't feel that they can use nukes at will just because they are, um, 'efficient' :)

But I recall that using a nuke just occasionally could be handled if you were careful about it, and let your approvals recover between each use.

But yes, in SR2020 we do give a new lobby control to minimize the approval hit of nuke use, for all you Dr Strangelove's out there... :)

-- George.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Wish there was a 0 effect. I remember having enough nukes to destroy the world countless times in SR2010...I just never used them, which was a shame. Although, one time I used enough to keep the screen flashing for 10 seconds straight...yep, I love the flashies.

ooo, look at the pretty lights :lol:
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I think i will just have to nuke 1 or 2 times then get my mar back up then do it all over again to get it working.

Return to “General Discussion”