A few questions on the world stage of the campaign

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

bungle
Warrant Officer

A few questions on the world stage of the campaign

Post by bungle »

Firstly thanks to all who post here, this is the first ime I have ventured onto the forums but am sure I would not have got this far without all the useful advice you guys have provided here.

I started as west germany in campaign mode and now am on the world map as europe.

Just some quickies im not sure on.

1) Do you still get gurilla ambushes etc in areas loyal to eliminated countries, in my case mid east is eliminated and none while africa and south america I get them as these two arent eliminated?

2) With air transport im guessing a unit wont split across two planes so i cant transport leopard tanks etc by air?

3) Its my understanding that production efficiency in captured lands is half that in loyal lands as such.

a) Do you advise scrapping industries there and rebuilding in loyal areas?

and

b) When the area is eliminated is the production penalty gone?

4) Is there any point researching tech beyond 120 as i dont see any new units popping up, not getting cyborg infantry was a real bummer :lol: ?

5) Does setting a unit to patrol a city square supress partisans etc more than them just sitting there?

Thanks in advance
Bungle
He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: A few questions on the world stage of the campaign

Post by tkobo »

Answers in RED
bungle wrote:Firstly thanks to all who post here, this is the first ime I have ventured onto the forums but am sure I would not have got this far without all the useful advice you guys have provided here.

I started as west germany in campaign mode and now am on the world map as europe.

Just some quickies im not sure on.

1) Do you still get gurilla ambushes etc in areas loyal to eliminated countries,

No.Once a region is no longer present on the map sadly no more guerillas will spawn for that region

in my case mid east is eliminated and none while africa and south america I get them as these two arent eliminated?
Correct

2) With air transport im guessing a unit wont split across two planes so i cant transport leopard tanks etc by air?

You can split a unit and put each part of it on a different transport unit.Whether or not this will make a tank unit light enough to transport by aircraft i dont know.

3) Its my understanding that production efficiency in captured lands is half that in loyal lands as such.

Hmm, i cant remember the exact penalty,but there is deffinately one for industries in non-loyal hexs and its large.

a) Do you advise scrapping industries there and rebuilding in loyal areas?

Yes.BUT and this is a big one,its probably only really worth it IF you plan on playing a LONG game.Because it costs money and resources to build those new plants and it may take some time to cancel the costs out with the increased production

and

b) When the area is eliminated is the production penalty gone?

No.Sadly the loyalty will not change til the scenario is over(IE has moved on to the next step in a campiagn game)

4) Is there any point researching tech beyond 120 as i dont see any new units popping up, not getting cyborg infantry was a real bummer :lol: ?

Yes.Go to 127 i think.The mech walkers are very worth having if you can get to them.

5) Does setting a unit to patrol a city square supress partisans etc more than them just sitting there?

Now thats a very good question i dont think ive ever seen asked.My gut says no.The patrol order is really not meant for a single hex,its meant to make a unit move between hexs in a regular and set pattern.
But i could be wrong .

Thanks in advance
Bungle
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

To #5, no.

And welcome to the forums.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ainsworth74
Colonel

Re: A few questions on the world stage of the campaign

Post by ainsworth74 »

bungle wrote:2) With air transport im guessing a unit wont split across two planes so i cant transport leopard tanks etc by air?
If you can get hold of the design for the 747, (try bribing the US) build it with the strength slider maxed then it mite be possible to do it with one, think i've managed it with M1 Abrams.

However sea is a far more efficent way.

Also:

Welcome to the forums, glad to hear our inane ramblings have been of use! :-)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
bungle
Warrant Officer

Post by bungle »

Wow thanks for the quick responses.

Knowing there are no guerillas after a rgegion is eliminated will save me a huge number of units in the long run.

Messing around with the strength slider never occured to me, lol could answer my prayers that one.

Will also play around with split/join units, not tried it yet.

As to the rebuilding of industries in loyal lands, im working on the principle taking the whole map is a long term proposal and wanted to maximise returns on labour. Its kind of a cheat I guess as people in game see to commute half way around the globe for work.

Thanks again
Bungle
He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all.

Return to “General Discussion”