Defecting armies (Split from Eliminate units without base)

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

tkobo wrote:If i can tell/set my minister to automatically dispand any defecting units I receive, it would be perfect.
tkobo,

You are far too nice.

I like to send defecting units right to an active front and "test" their loyalty.

Not many pass the test. :lol:

Of course, if you are monitoring and tracking your kill/loss ratio, this isn't a suggested practice.

Regards,
Feltan
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Feltan wrote:
I like to send defecting units right to an active front and "test" their loyalty.

Not many pass the test. :lol:

Of course, if you are monitoring and tracking your kill/loss ratio, this isn't a suggested practice.

Regards,
Feltan
Hhahahah.

Your making me think of Empier's factory labor thoughts :lol:

But sadly yes, im one of thsoe still trying to get a perfect no loss game.And i do get bummed with even a single unit lost.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: tkobo I'm very close to a perfect no lost ratio. In the World war 3 scenario. I found a rather easy way not to lose defecting units. Kill every unit along the borders. That way when the region falls there be none of ur units be close to ur enemy. I only got 2 regions left in WW3. One's an island and the other is surrounded by me. :D One problem though the island is filled up with units. What fun.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

I don't even try to go for a no loss game. I am quite content with a 25-30:1 ratio. I willingly lose the aforementioned units that defect -- theirs is a grand an glorious end, and I lose the occasional aircraft that loiters too long within the enemy ADA umbrella.

If one uses a combined arms force, I also find that infantry melts in combat situations. I will withdraw them if they are below about 30% or so, but even that requires pretty constant attention to insure they don't get killed. Armor seems more resiliant and less prone to taking quick losses, but an all tank force is unrealistic in theory or practice.

Regards,
Feltan
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Berg, thats exactly what i do.Ive been doing it for sometime,its one of the reasons why my games run so long.

Problem is, theres almost always at least one region who surrenders far sooner than i expect and before ive isolated its borders.Russia and china do this to me constantly.
And that one border always splits in a way that puts my unwanted new units under immediate and direct fire.

Its a tad frustrating.Personally id rather not get those units at all, id rather be able to tell said region "NUTS" , "I dont except YOUR surrender" (yes, i know i reversed the context of nuts,but i found it funny to do so :P )

But since the DEVs seem fairly firm on the defection issue, ill settle for any way that lets me have a chance to nullify it.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

The capital is the last thing I ever take in a war now. Its helps me by letting me take all of the border of a region before they surrender. As for Russia and China. Try fighting both of them at the same time. Now that's fun. As for combined arms. I use everything to an extent. But I use a ratio of one tracked or wheeled infantry to 1 tank battalion. And I never have trouble using infantry. They usually get into most of the fights before the tanks roll in.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

:-) I start invasions by sending in a few mech infantry first then pull them back and hit hard with the main force which most times ends with pure unadulterated overkill. But personnaly i dont care about territory i just care about te resources and factorys needed to keep things going so i just let the Other countrys have all the empty land that i have no use for. zi enjoy using this tactic in flat plains areas with few citys. But when it comes to units I use i dont mind using all the old vietnam era tanks are helis if it can give me an advantage.
Go Home and Die

Return to “General Discussion”