Save game editor.

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

OKAY! Finally got it working. Really stupid mistake.

I made a simulated registry entry with the install path on my development computer as "C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Supreme Ruler 2010\"

When its in reality "C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Supreme Ruler 2010"

So I was reading "C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Supreme Ruler 2010Savegame\"

8_

Well now its fixed. I hope

This version you can edit some floats for each country. Eventually i'll add in the rest.

http://myweb.dal.ca/rr771552//sredit.exe

I'd love any special feature requests.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Balthagor wrote: I'll be curious to see what system you come up with to edit the relations in a savegame and if you could apply the same thing to editing a .GMC.
I'm thinking
Select country A to edit screen > Select edit relations mode > Select country B to edit relations> edit relations from country A's perspective.

I'll also include some simple functions like "Everyone hates eachother." "Everyone loves eachother"

I'm also going to work on editing treaties and the such.

My next planned project after I get this save game editor into a respectable condition is to write some sort of 'trainer' for the game but instead of editing the game's memory it will take snapshots of the countries data and output it into a comma delimited spreadsheet so I can get some goddamned graphs and see trends and set up awesome charts. :D
red
General

Post by red »

I tried the old version just last night and had the same 2010Savegame problem. But, I tried this version today and it still displays no savegames but does crash (sredit.exe has generated errors and must be closed by Windows) when I press enter, whereas the last displayed that 'could not find' line.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

red wrote:I tried the old version just last night and had the same 2010Savegame problem. But, I tried this version today and it still displays no savegames but does crash (sredit.exe has generated errors and must be closed by Windows) when I press enter, whereas the last displayed that 'could not find' line.

It shouldn't be crashing :( Could you screenshot your save game directory so I can make something which looks like it here?
red
General

Post by red »

Here's my Savegame directory in 7z, 132KB: link.

I installed SR2010, updated to 4.4.2, loaded a scenario and saved that "1.SAV", then tried it.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

red wrote:Here's my Savegame directory in 7z, 132KB: link.

I installed SR2010, updated to 4.4.2, loaded a scenario and saved that "1.SAV", then tried it.
Ok. I'm going to make a version which outputs debug output to a file called debug.txt

Its really bizzare because that savegame directory works on my computer.
:-(

I'm gonna keep working at this.
red
General

Post by red »

Funny, it works fine now. I'm on a new Windows 2000 install and only a few hours ago got around to installing some non-essential patches and NET and the like, so perhaps my fault on not having something it needs? Sorry. ;)
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

red wrote:Funny, it works fine now. I'm on a new Windows 2000 install and only a few hours ago got around to installing some non-essential patches and NET and the like, so perhaps my fault on not having something it needs? Sorry. ;)
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D :D :D

Now I can get back to working on the meat and potatoes of the editor.
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

I will try the editor, but until I'll have thge opportunity here is a question: is it possible to edit the individual units with it?

I'm praying for a feature, where I could merge several ground unit of the same type. I'm really tired managing hundreds of stacks of 7 units all around of the world.

The rule is simple: if - at least - 2 of the same type of ground units are in the same location, they can be merged. This means that their current strength is added (this should be the possible maximum for this new unit as well) , their experience is averaged and only one new unit remains. Every other special attribute (eg trainings etc) will be lost.
Can it be done?

I tried to figure out from the savegames, where/how the units are stored, but had no luck. I really don't care about realism or such issues but about usability and comfort.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

szabfer wrote:I will try the editor, but until I'll have thge opportunity here is a question: is it possible to edit the individual units with it?

I'm praying for a feature, where I could merge several ground unit of the same type. I'm really tired managing hundreds of stacks of 7 units all around of the world.

The rule is simple: if - at least - 2 of the same type of ground units are in the same location, they can be merged. This means that their current strength is added (this should be the possible maximum for this new unit as well) , their experience is averaged and only one new unit remains. Every other special attribute (eg trainings etc) will be lost.
Can it be done?

I tried to figure out from the savegames, where/how the units are stored, but had no luck. I really don't care about realism or such issues but about usability and comfort.
I don't really have a clue how units are stored in the save file. :( But I'm still working on it.
And if I'm able to find where units are stored I think that that is possible.
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Thanks for the effort... I hope that you can get the info what is needed for such feature :)
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

szabfer wrote:Thanks for the effort... I hope that you can get the info what is needed for such feature :)
also: how does it work for you?
szabfer
Captain

Post by szabfer »

Well... it found my savegames correctly, and I could edit the country stats. The relations menu didnt do anything, but if I understood well, it is not yet implemented :)

But one comment: in the country list I have 8 world market. What is strange, as I'm playing world scenario....
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

szabfer wrote:Well... it found my savegames correctly, and I could edit the country stats. The relations menu didnt do anything, but if I understood well, it is not yet implemented :)

But one comment: in the country list I have 8 world market. What is strange, as I'm playing world scenario....
World market players are 'null' players. Aside from the first world market player.
britich
Corporal

Post by britich »

One problem is it doesnt discern between Standard scenario setups and moduled ones.

ie i created a save game using the UNITED STATES Scenario and was playing as the Nationalists. And it does not show up :(

Return to “General Discussion”