would it be possible to see a full senario map with the hex

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I am very curious about on average how many hexs the normal region will have as well as how many hexs per border.

Its true that a land unit cannot pass thru a hex that contains an enemy land unit correct ?

Air units can however pass thru a hex that contains an enemy land unit BUT NOT an enemy air unit right ?

How about sea units and subs ? Can a sub pass thru a hex that contains an enemy sea unit ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I'm getting close to posting some new screenshots that will show all the progress we've been making. This evening we're having a 4 player Lan game with unit combat. Some things aren't implemented like supply, fuel, artillery... but combat does work. So I tested the game for things you asked for and here's what I found...

Q: I am very curious about on average how many hexs the normal region will have as well as how many hexs per border.

A: This varies GREATLY from map to map and player to player.

California: 105 x 80
United Kingdom: 115 x 110
Mideast 300 x 200
Australia: 285 x 160

In Australia, S.W. Australia has borders on 3 players. One is ~ 100 hexes and the other two are less then 20 hexes wide.

Q: Its true that a land unit cannot pass thru a hex that contains an enemy land unit correct ?

A: If a unit of Player one enters the Z.O.C. (zone of control) of another unit, the outcome will be as follows;

Allied: Nothing
Neutral: Nothing
Enemy: Combat, conditional.

The combat is conditional on some of your rules of engagment. A cease-fire order would be a good example.

Q: Air units can however pass thru a hex that contains an enemy land unit BUT NOT an enemy air unit right ?

A: Yes, but the land and air units will shoot at each other.

Q: How about sea units and subs ? Can a sub pass thru a hex that contains an enemy sea unit ?

A: No, naval units work like land units
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Anyone like the group, "The Arrogant Worms"? They have a cute song called, "Canada is REALLY Big". The point is that Chris didn't mention the size of the Canada Map in his post... 450x212! So far, that's the largest scenario we have. Asia and the World Scenarios will likely be the only scenarios that are bigger.

And a correction of Chris' post... Subs can pass through a hex that contains another player's units. If an enemy they will generally engage, but if allied or neutral and in international waters, nothing should happen.
- David

Return to “General Discussion”