A couple of questions

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Virtokaii
Warrant Officer

A couple of questions

Post by Virtokaii »

Having gotten into the game some more, I've run into some questions. They concern different aspects of the game, so I posted them here together, instead of splitting them up into their respective sub-forums.

1) How do I use engineers, airborne if that makes a difference, to construct buildings? I landed some in China to build an airstrip for my helos, but I can't get them to build stuff.

2) Which brings me to my next question. I tried to position VTOL carriers so that my helos could land there and refuel, but I can't get that to work either, so how does that work?

3) I've looked through the mil techs and a couple of them seem like they could improve my units, but no effect in numbers is noted. For example, upgraded infantry protection. It doesn't seem to be a perquisite tech and it is noted as "not tradable". To me that would suggest, that non tradable techs like this one, that aren't unit perquisites would just have a positive effect on my units, like the communication techs which give a bonus to mil efficiency. So, will my units get better def values from this tech, how about the lead up techs like body armour?

Thanks for your help.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: A couple of questions

Post by tkobo »

Virtokaii wrote:Having gotten into the game some more, I've run into some questions. They concern different aspects of the game, so I posted them here together, instead of splitting them up into their respective sub-forums.

1) How do I use engineers, airborne if that makes a difference, to construct buildings? I landed some in China to build an airstrip for my helos, but I can't get them to build stuff.

Engineers excelerate the build rate of any building in any hex they are adjacent to.They dont actually build anything.You build the facility like normal, but have them close by to speed it up.
So in the case you mention,just build the airstrip like normal,but make sure its right next to the engineers.

2) Which brings me to my next question. I tried to position VTOL carriers so that my helos could land there and refuel, but I can't get that to work either, so how does that work?

I dont now what the issue your encountering is.IF the carrier has landing capacity left,all you have to do is issue a move order to the helo to make it move to the carrier.
If your expecting the helos to make the carrier a refule stop on their own.
Dont.
For many reasons this is a bad idea.

3) I've looked through the mil techs and a couple of them seem like they could improve my units, but no effect in numbers is noted. For example, upgraded infantry protection. It doesn't seem to be a perquisite tech and it is noted as "not tradable". To me that would suggest, that non tradable techs like this one, that aren't unit perquisites would just have a positive effect on my units, like the communication techs which give a bonus to mil efficiency. So, will my units get better def values from this tech, how about the lead up techs like body armour?

Early on, techs that gave bonuses told you what the exact bonus was-IE +4% soft defense.
BUT at some point, for some reason,it was removed (or possible became bugged)during a patch.
As far as i know, you still get the bonus,it just doesnt show anywhere now.

Thanks for your help.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Hi all

Sorry to hijack this thread but it just saves me having to start a completely new one. I am playing a campaign scenario for the Sub continent as Pakistan. The government is currently a democracy but i wanted to know if there is any way of changing the political system to say a monarchy or a dictatorship?
el_slapper
Captain

Post by el_slapper »

in SR2010, you can only change before the scenario begins(don't remember the exact button, just it's graphical, not text).

and good scenario choice, btw, I did try it only recently(with Afghanistan), & it's been great fun eating Pakistan while Pakistani were busy against India.
War, about who is right?about who is left!
Red Dawn
Captain

Post by Red Dawn »

Thanks el_slapper.... must have missed that when I started the campaign. Thought i'd be able to change it to reflect accurately the never ending political turmoil that goes on in that part of the world.

It is a good scenario and probably one of the toughest out there though I could be wrong. I've reached the borders of Nepal.... should be able to wipe them out once i air insert my mountain brigade with pathfinders on the ground already.

About to launch an all out ground and air offensive against Andra Pradesh (may have to involve a couple of tactical nukes to minimise casualties on my side), break the back of New Delhi resistance by opening a rear front with my paras followed by a armoured thrust and launch an amphibious assault on Sri Lanka.
coba
Warrant Officer

Post by coba »

Hi,

I am trying to send some of my fighter plane to fdifferent continent, but they don't have the necessary range. They couldn't land in the carrier too BTW. So, is there a way to transport aircraft using transport ship/airplane ?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

not that I know of, but if there is freindly bases along the line, about every 10000km, use IFR, heres the link to tell you how to do it successfully.

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... =2&t=11053
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “General Discussion”