Can't find or access the game files

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Flayer
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Can't find or access the game files

Post by Flayer »

Hello. I have the Steam version of Supreme Ruler: Ultimate installed on a Macbook. No issues with gameplay (aside from that annoying bug where Singapore attacks neutral merchant shipping), but I've been completely frustrated in my attempts to find the game's files (for reference material and possibly modding).

I have enabled viewing for hidden folders (Macs being incredibly annoying with these). I found the Supreme Ruler Ultimate folder accessed through the Library (Library -> Application Support -> Steam -> SteamApps -> Common -> Supreme Ruler Ultimate). This is the folder all the help guides I can find say to look for. This is also where I have folders for Paradox games like Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV. All of their files are viewable and accessible within their folders. Supreme Ruler's is empty, except for the icon that launches the app.

Exhausted myself searching around for advice on where Steam or the Mac has hidden the files and trying to find them myself. Also managed to find the folder that contains the save games (that didn't have anything else in it).

So, how can I find these? |O
Flayer
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Can't find or access the game files

Post by Flayer »

EDIT: Resolved

My God, that was annoying.

How about posting this as a shortcut for anyone who might ask where to find the game files on a Mac install in the future? You have to do a Show Package Contents on the launch icon and then go digging through a maze of Wine folders to get to them.

Return to “Issues and Support”