Light Anti-tank

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Benjaminvallen1
Major

Light Anti-tank

Post by Benjaminvallen1 »

I was today pondering the utility of a universal "Light Anti-tank" unit. My idea was essentially a Conscript unit armed with RPGs as a cheap and universal replacement for the more expensive (and effective) anti-tank missiles and guns. The idea is that it would be VERY lightweight, quick (7 days or so) and cheap to produce, and everyone gets it. I thought it would be logical considering how many country/ militant groups have or use RPGs or equivalent weapons.

Just a thought.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Light Anti-tank

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Benjaminvallen1 wrote:I was today pondering the utility of a universal "Light Anti-tank" unit. My idea was essentially a Conscript unit armed with RPGs as a cheap and universal replacement for the more expensive (and effective) anti-tank missiles and guns. The idea is that it would be VERY lightweight, quick (7 days or so) and cheap to produce, and everyone gets it. I thought it would be logical considering how many country/ militant groups have or use RPGs or equivalent weapons.

Just a thought.
Dude, I have been thinking of the same thing :D , I agree!
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

what are the units called in real life.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Uhh arnt these units already ingame? They are in the leged anti tank section of the game.
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Ruges wrote:Uhh arnt these units already ingame? They are in the leged anti tank section of the game.
Not exactly. What I have seen are Javelin, AT-4, TOW type missiles. If you know enough about war and the military, you can see that they are distinctly different weapons with distinctly different capabilities.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

True an RPG is different then an anti tank rocket. But I think you are asking for a unit that is going tobe underpowered in the game. Infantry and garrison units already represent this type of weapondry. By creating a unit totaly based off RPG arms, its going to have no hard attack, a good infantry attack, and poor close combat and defense.
Darkreaper
Lieutenant

Post by Darkreaper »

...and itd be cheap and easy to mass produce, which i think is the idea. Basically a guerilla-style weapon
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Darkreaper wrote:...and itd be cheap and easy to mass produce, which i think is the idea. Basically a guerilla-style weapon
Essentially. :)

Return to “Military - 2020”