Jamaica attempts to rule S. America.

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Re: Jamaica attempts to rule S. America.

Post by GIJoe597 »

Bringing this up to where I am currently in the game.

Jan 2027

30th Australia gives me 4,224m. A very welcome gift.

Apr 2027

12th Reached Tech Level 94

May 2027

31st Burundi falls to Rwanda

Jun 2027

1st Our first coal mine completes. As soon as a few structure repairs are completed I will order coal power plants.

Jul 2027

1st Halfway into the year and production is still an issue. Power, Cons Gds, Food, water and timber are all short. The only thing keeping me solvent is the sell of Petro and Mil Gds. With rest cycles between
capturing cities my need for the Mil Gds is greatly reduced. I am now gaining revenue into the treasury at a nice pace and very soon should be able to get all the facilities built that we need. The one
deciding factor on that is Ind Gds. Simply repairing the existing facilities after capture takes our entire output. But, again, this will be resolved, sooner than later.

A snapshot of progress in S. America and Africa: The conquest of Venezuela is about 65% complete. In addition to the resource issues I am using only 11 Inf and 2 Eng units in this campaign.

2nd We notice Brazil is still sending Fighter/Intercepters deep into Venezuela to sweep the skies of the capital city, Caracas and the suburbs.

July 2027

13th Purchased design for Mig-29A Fulcrum from Russia

14th, We capture the oil derricks east of Punto Fijo via air assault. Venezuela dispatches a F-564 frigate to shell the platform. We order the A-10's in.

One more artificial reef for sea life, the UN should be happy.

18th Our forces have captured a much needed facility in Africa with 4 Farms. It used to belong to Congo Dem. Rep.

20th Purchased design for Green Berets from USA.

Initiated build in our African fabs and directed 4 Sq's of MI-6 Helo to Africa. The trip will be approx 9000 kms however, they can make it by utilizing the NE coastal city of Natal in Brazil as a last stop-over prior to crossing the ocean. Africa is extremely suitable for Air Assault warfare.

26th The last peripheral city in Venezuela has been liberated. It no longer has borders with any other country it is at war with. I order our forces to converge just East of Caracas in preparation for an assault on the suburbs and capital itself.

Aug 2027

6th A Leander fresh out of dry dock encounters another Venezuelan F-564 Frigate. Again the A-10s are called out with the same result, another new home for Nemo.

9th Assault on Caracas started with 10 MRAV's, 5 AAAV's, 14 M1129 Art, The Lone Leander, who now has 2 others to help.

14th Caracas captured!

They moved the capital to Valencia

15th Another Leander lost, fortunately, not the "Lone Leander".

16th Venezuela joins Greater Jamaica!

We turn our attention to Congo Democratic Republic.

As seen earlier we captured all the territory on our side of the Congo river. We stopped just shy of Matadi.
Orders to our military: capture the following cities:

1. Matadi
2. Kimpese
3. Mbanza-Mgingu
4. Inkisi

This would isolate the capital city of Kinshaha from all its territory west to the ocean and immediately south to Angola.

Once secured, using a combination of Airborne Assault and land forces capture the border areas.
(shown via Red Line)

29th Paid 4 bonds off, each one was for $1,668m

Oct 2027

1st Payed 1 bond off for $1,668m

15th Our first Mig-29A rolls out of production.

Dec 2027

3rd S. Africa declares war on Jamaica.

8th Tech level 95 reached.

Jan 2028

Jamaica starts this year in a better overall position. For the first time, since we started, manpower is not the overriding issue facing us.

Current status: (I did not take any screen shots)

Inflation 2.7%
Unemployment 4.6%

12th Paid off 4 bonds for $1,668m each. Only one left.

Feb 2028

5th Asked for peace with Cameroon, accepted. Tired of being mired in Africa, it is taking my attention from S. America.

14th Paid off last bond.

Mar 2028

4th Congo Democratic Republic falls to the forces of Jamaica. Time to get back to the real goal, S. America.
Peace with S. Africa accepted.

Apr 2028

11th Purchased design for LHD-1 Wasp From U.S.A.

Taking a few months to square away production and resources. In S. America the only country that has CB against Jamaica is Argentina, I need to increase it so they might declare war. I am not sure my world standings can take another hit if I start another unprovoked war. I will also spend a few months engaged in diplomacy to decrease fears about my intentions and fill out our forces with the most appropriate designs.

The only country we are left in a state of war with is Cuba and they are a minor threat at best. I am using this time well, keeping us at DEFCON 1 to get the benefits as well as hoping to bait Argentina.

Jul 2028

11th Tech Level 96 achieved

Oct 18 For the first time I am self sufficient in electricity. About time. Now that all those Coal Power plants are completed I have a nice income. I can start purchasing the designs I was unable to before.

29th AN-225 Cossack design purchased from Ukraine. They wanted about $1,500 less than Russia.
Commissioned 6 new Research Centers.

Mar 2029

26th Tech Level 97 reached.

Feb 2030
1st Peace with Cuba.

This is where we stand currently.

Regional Summary and Financial Snapshot

Current Territory

Production:
Self Sufficient in all items.

Military: 372

Land: 275

2 Eng
15 Green Berets
6 Special Forces
43 MRAV
87 AAAV
7 Recon (newly acquired M113RC W/Scorpion Turret)
8 AT
50 Arty Long Range offensive (Newly acquired FCS-155 Excalibur)
53 Arty Close in defense (M1129 Stryker Mortar 120mm)
4 AA (LY-60 Lieying Falcon - 78km range/ pictured previously)

Air: 51

Int: 14 Mig-29A
FB: 13 (12 A-10 - 1 Hawk)
PTR: 3
Trans: 18 (10 AN-225 Cossack and 8 MI-6)

Naval: 29

Sub: 1 S-401 Type 209/1300 (captured from Venezuela)
CVL: 4 LHD-1 Wasp (newly acquired)
FTG: 14 F-109 Leander (The Lone Leander, now has friends)
Trns: 10 (4 SOE-1 Sacramento and 6 LCPL CONV Troopship)

I expect to have everything in place by Apr 15, 2030. At that time we will declare war on Argentina and start the total conquest of S. America. It will be our primary AOR, should countries in Africa declare on Jamaica when possible it will be ignored. If we are actively getting attacked in Africa then I shall attend to it, otherwise, status quo is what we want.

Once war is initiated we will not stop until S. America is the playground of Jamaica. As always in my campaigns I will try to limit the death toll as much as possible for Jamaican troops. One issue that has destroyed our current campaign losses is Garrison Units popping up when an enemy units passes by. If a enemy city/structure and a friendly one are side by side and the enemy pops up for whatever reason, even when you want yours to stay in their container, they will not. This results in inflated loss counts.

Feb 24th Countdown to Apr 15th.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 06 2009, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Gamez Ranger
Warrant Officer

Post by Gamez Ranger »

Looks like u are going to acheive your goal quite soon :-) . Cant wait for your next post
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Apr 2030

I did not want it to be too easy so instead of getting access rights through Brazil and marching overland, it was decided to use the Falkland Island base of our UK ally. This would mean major sea lift and airlift operations. But as any commander knows, logistics is half the battle. To further complicate matters, I will not preposition any assets prior to declaring war on Argentina. All our forces will be in reserve status when war is declared.

General operational details:

1. Rally point for all convoys leaving Jamaica.

Yellow path: Proposed route of shipping corridor. (if additional S. American countries declare on us we will of course modify this) The concept will be protected corridor.

Our naval forces will actively and continuously sweep this corridor to keep clear of enemy forces.

2. Allied base.

3. Initial objective. Rio Gallegos. The military facilities there will be very useful. As soon as possible A-10's and MIG-29A's will be stationed there. All Airborne battalions will be relocated here along with all airlift capability.

4. Ferrying of land forces, via amphibious landing craft will commence.

Red Line: Naval blockade while convoys are moving assets to mainland from Falklands.

When forces are assembled we will push north.

Convoys will be organized like so;
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 07 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Gamez Ranger
Warrant Officer

Post by Gamez Ranger »

Cant wait to see how the assult on argentina goes
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

same :-)
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Apr 15th

War declared on Argentina!

This could get interesting, notice my Domestic Approval Rating.

As expected almost every nation on earth now has 100% war justification against Jamaica. I will not show them all, just a few, you get the idea.

And so it begins:

Apr 22 Sudan declares war on Jamaica.

23rd A task force heads off to clear the convoy corridor, it is lead by the "Lone Leander".

Meanwhile the port of Puerto Cabello is a beehive of activity as cargo, troop and CVL's are loaded. Access is restricted to Military/Merchant Marine only.

The first ships to be loaded are the LHD-1 Wasps. You can see units being loaded by entering the well deck at rear. Also a photo of the interior well deck as units enter.

27th Chad declares war on Jamaica

28th Cameroon declares war on Jamaica.

May 2030

1st Guatemala declares war on Jamaica.
Nicaragua declares

15th Cuba declares

21st Unexpectedly, Nicaragua asks for peace, if I am willing to help them with some money. There has been no contact at all between our forces. Perhaps they are afraid of Mighty Jamaica. They are after all a
poor nation. I accept, for the children.

23rd A-10s and Mig-29A's stationed at Falklands. We deployed a patrol sq also. The patrol and a sq of A-10's have been able to clear the seas of all located enemy shipping.

27th The Lone Leanders' Task Force encounters enemy shipping and add more artificial reef to the sea floor. They had barely cleared Friendly Brazilian coastal waters before this encounter.

28th They set out again to clear a path before the cargo/LHD's follow.

29th As the Task Force slows to allow the AOE/LHD's to close the distance, they encounter 2 enemy vessels. one, frigate and 1 patrol craft. Both vessels are dispatched.

Within minutes the valuable AOE/LHD's arrive and take up station. The Task Force presses on to the Falklands, now fully formed.

150km's further on, more enemy war ships are encountered. The crews of the Leander Task Force are superb, once again the enemy is swept from the sea.

30th Argentina must have their entire navy deployed here. Another Arg Frg is sent to the bottom.

Jun 2030

4th Forces inserted near Rio Gallegos.

9th The base attack begins. At the same time, the oil derricks off the SE coast are captured. Derricks can act as a supply base. Very convenient when you are far from home.

10th City and airfield/barracks captured.

24th Ferrying troops from Falklands to Argentina. With naval force protecting the north.

Jul 2030
Not really capturing screen shots now.

5th S. Africa declares war.

Aug 2030

10th Chile declares

15th Rwanda declares

29th Columbia declares

Sep 2030

3rd Sudan declares

Oct 2030

1st We are fighting Argentina, Columbia and Chile at the same time. Also Rwanda, Cameroon, Zambia and Sudan. All are active wars. Meaning, combat is taking place.

18th Columbia offers peace for $933.00m It is not in my best interest to accept. Declined

Sept 2031

15th Chile falls

25th Columbia falls

Aug 2031

2nd Bolivia declares war

Nov 2031

13th Argentina falls

Normally I would scrap all the units from my conquests, but since the ability to sell units was added, I like to sell them around the globe. Nets me some money and might spark some other conflicts.

Feb 2032

24th Bolivia eliminated by Jamaica

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Have any problems with formation movement and keeping ships where you wanted them ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I arranged it so they would look good for the photo shoot. I normally do not use formation move at all. It just happened they were going straight "down" the screen. This game does not handle angles very well.

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Nice amphibious landing in southern Argentina. Also nice picture from the F-109 frigate, must have been difficult to find :lol: !

Keep going. Don't give up.
Gamez Ranger
Warrant Officer

Post by Gamez Ranger »

Very impressive keep it up
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

With the fall of Bolivia, there was no country at war with me in S. America. I needed to start one.

NOTE: Large gap in time line because I went downstairs to get a drink of water and got caught up in a TV show, forgot game was running.

Sep 2032

1st Declared war on Peru.

Oct 2032

10th UN ratings dipping very low.

28th Peru falls.

Brazil declares. No more using their east coast as a jumping off point to Africa. At least not until they also have joined the Mighty Jamaican Empire.

Current countries at war with Jamaica.

Apr 2032

22nd The Netherlands landed forces in S. America. South of Uruguay. 10,000kms. I am still surprised by the AI from time to time. Of course it was only 1 unit, so no real harm done.

1. Netherlands
2. Amphibious assault.

Found the "convoy". It is restocking at the edge of Uruguay prior to heading back.

Dec 2033

11th Croatia is conquered by Bosnia Herzegovina and Hungary.

16th Uruguay falls. S. America is firmly in Jamaican hands.

A quick snapshot of Jamaican status. With a snippet concerning The Lone Leander. I was impressed with him, he achieved a high level of success, claiming 61 kills with gunnery alone. (kill count does not count missile deaths)

The question is, what now? I am working on infrastucture/budget and organizing our armed forces between S. America and Africa. At the same time I am replacing older models with the best currently available.

I may just quit now, as I have met my objectives, and then some.

I have a desire to start a game as The U.S.A. and play from a cold war stance. Do everything I can, short of declaring war, to impede communists, theocracies and dictators.

I would supply money/goods and military units for any country fighting against those forms of governments. Imagine the production capacity of the U.S.A. in full gear and supporting certain countries in game.

Gonzar
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Gonzar »

Well done, goal achieved :-) .
GIJoe597 wrote:I have a desire to start a game as The U.S.A. and play from a cold war stance. Do everything I can, short of declaring war, to impede communists, theocracies and dictators.

I would supply money/goods and military units for any country fighting against those forms of governments. Imagine the production capacity of the U.S.A. in full gear and supporting certain countries in game.
Sounds interesting, though i don't know how far you can go with the actual game engine. I guess it will be possible to help some countries in ongoing or soon to be declared wars, but don't see how you can influence in countries that don't go to war and yet have those regimes. Or you could just roleplay war declarations via editing in multiplayer, just war declarations to start conflicts were everything is too peacefull.

Also playing a cold war, without direct intervention from your forces, can be a patience game.

But it would be an original AAR for sure and interesting to see how it developes.
Gamez Ranger
Warrant Officer

Post by Gamez Ranger »

great work well done, you acheived your goal. I think u should carry on and take all of africa and then central america and then north america, that would be good :-)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Gonzar - I have played that style of game in the past. Patience is not something I lack. I have not taken a cold war approach since GC became available. Although in that game I did declare war once in the 100 years of game play. I had told Russia that The Republic of Georgia was off limits. (This was last year when they had just invaded it. That, plus I am from the USA state of Georgia and it was on my mind. - that is not a song reference btw). I declared on Russia, unleashed the USAF, based out of Rep. of Georgia and beat back thier attacks enough that they finally got the message. Peace was agreed to again.

Gamez Ranger (are you affiliated with the match making program GameRanger?) - I am still working on it from a tad here and there. What hampers me, is the inability to influence a nations populance (Civilian Rating). I can move the graphic to green for almost everyone if I try hard enough, but in all my game play I have not been able to bring the Civ rating back once it is zero.

When you are playing as a small low tech nation this is a huge detriment since governments will not trade with you even if the Diplomatic Rating is green. You will get a e-mail telling you their people hate you and they would be kicked out of office if they traded with you. No matter how many billions of dollars or resources/tech/designs you give them it seems impoosible to raise Civ Rating.

I guess I will decide soon what to do. I may keep Jamaica active and start a "cold war" game also.
Last edited by GIJoe597 on Sep 10 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Gamez Ranger
Warrant Officer

Post by Gamez Ranger »

Great keep us posted, and no iam not affiliated with the program GamesRanger

Return to “After Action Reports”