Iraq just figures out now, that 19 of its migs have been

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Iraq just figures out now, that 19 of its migs have been

Post by tkobo »

sitting in Serbia for "servicing" for circa the last 20 years :lol:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Iraq_to ... a_999.html
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Kreiger815
Colonel

Re: Iraq just figures out now, that 19 of its migs have been

Post by Kreiger815 »

I can't believe Saddam never recovered those...

Of course he let Iran keep his Mig-29 fleet as well....
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

I like the way at the end of the article it appears there is tons of Iraqi equipment just lying around all over the world, how can you forget about that sort of thing!! Heck I might go dig around in my garden see if any MiGs are buried in it.

On a serious note, are MiG 21s really what the Iraqi air force wants or needs? Those planes are mighty old and surely not what you want to rebuild an airforce with, same goes for the MiG 23s I would have thought.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Your gonna check your backyard for Iraqi migs burried ?Should someone be looking to see if youve got some oil vouchers tucked away :lol:

As the Iraqi Minister says, pretty much all theyve got are helicopters at the moment,so hes looking at it as better than nothing, to restart the jet portion of their airforce.
Chuckle TM
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

tkobo wrote:Should someone be looking to see if youve got some oil vouchers tucked away
No no, nothing to see here move along *whistles innocently* :lol:
tkobo wrote:As the Iraqi Minister says, pretty much all theyve got are helicopters at the moment,so hes looking at it as better than nothing, to restart the jet portion of their airforce.
I suppose so, better than nothing but not by much I would imagine!
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

ainsworth74 wrote:I like the way at the end of the article it appears there is tons of Iraqi equipment just lying around all over the world, how can you forget about that sort of thing!! Heck I might go dig around in my garden see if any MiGs are buried in it.

On a serious note, are MiG 21s really what the Iraqi air force wants or needs? Those planes are mighty old and surely not what you want to rebuild an airforce with, same goes for the MiG 23s I would have thought.
carefully, but at least they can claim to have jet fighters. Some natios dont even have them, or are so small they dont even have modernish planes. Such as the hawker hunters of lebanon.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Benjaminvallen1
Major

Post by Benjaminvallen1 »

ainsworth74 wrote:I like the way at the end of the article it appears there is tons of Iraqi equipment just lying around all over the world, how can you forget about that sort of thing!! Heck I might go dig around in my garden see if any MiGs are buried in it.

IDK, if you want cheep and superfast, you can't beat the Mig-21. They are pretty good aircraft. Considering that their biggest rival, the F4 Phantom is still in service in nations all over the world, is it any surprise that the Fishbed is still in service? With proper upgrading, they can still give good service to 2nd and 3rd world countries. I think they will do fine for Iraq until we complete the deal for export of F16s I heard about.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

http://www.france24.com/en/20100212-ira ... et-payment

They (Iraq) really need someone to go over the books with a fine toothcomb :lol: Perhaps even revoke some of those oil voucher bribes .....
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Morons. They dont need jets. They should be working more on there economy, thus there populations care, and let the the US colalition take care of any military threats (which does not include police work).

Just think how far economimcaly your country could get if it did not have to spend anything on its military over the next 5 years.
Kreiger815
Colonel

Post by Kreiger815 »

Ruges, no coalition country is going to agree to that. The whole reason Bush became unpopular? The Iraq War....
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

So your telling me if they did not build there military. And instead spent all there money on the economy. And then say Iran decides Iraq is plum for the picking that the US would not prevent Iran from conquring Iraq?
w00tang
Major
Human: Yes

Post by w00tang »

True, Iraq should focus on their domestic problems and let someone else deal with defending their nation from invasion.
NEVER go to Canberra.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

w00tang wrote:True, Iraq should focus on their domestic problems and let someone else deal with defending their nation from invasion.
Just to make things interesting, imagine the response if Iraq outsourced its defense needs to Israel.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

Probably Serbs need to repair these jets after 1999...
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

lol actually almost no planes were destroyed during 1999 bombing...Serbs were making just wooden models of airplanes and they made 1 for 3-4 hours.But real planes have been hidden.There was a series of nato bombings in may last year..I think they will be this year too.
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”