Unit Transportation

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Post by Guest »

How, if you can in the beta, use a transport plane or naval ship to transport units?
chandrill
Corporal

Post by chandrill »

Ships don't work yet, but for planes, select the ground unit, then right click on the destination and select 'air transport'. It'll use the nearest plane or helicopter to get there.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

First you have to make sure that a unit will "fit" on a plane or ship (Check Unit weights against cargo capacities). But my favourite of course is building some Chinook helicopters and some Airborne. Then all you have to do is select the Airborne, right click on the destination, (instead of left clicking) and give them the order to Air Trans... The nearest helicopter will come pick them up and take them to their destination.
Vesson
Warrant Officer

Post by Vesson »

I was just playing with airborne... had 2 batts of airborne on an airport, with 1 AV400M Airlifter there with them. I tried to transport both divisions in the same aircraft fleet, but it only takes one... Theoretically I should be able to fit 4 (105 ton a piece each airborne, 444 tons per Airlifter). Will this change or is it by design/code restriction?

... altho i personally would rather create understrength airborne and have fleets of Huey's wapping into nme airspace... da da-da daaa daaaa, da da-da daaa daaaa!! =)
tinjaw
Warrant Officer

Post by tinjaw »

Currently you can only load one unit on one transport and only use one transport to load on unit.

It has been stated by BG that they will probably allow "combining" (haven't said how yet) transport units to allow moving larger units. For example combining several C130 to move a large Bn.
BattleGoat
General

Post by BattleGoat »

Also, the bug will be fixed that prevents multiple units that can fit from loading on a single transport. This is particularly annoying with Sea Transport orders!
Iceman
Sergeant

Post by Iceman »

You can currently fit more than one unit on sea transports (I did it on a converted civillian ship) but it takes alot of fiddling. Also, are landing ships implemented yet? If they are, I am an idiot.
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

Nah, beach assaults should be unimplemented yet.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

coming soon, but no, not yet implemented

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”