Understanding on map resource filters

Imports, Exports, Taxes & Social Spending... discuss these topics here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Understanding on map resource filters

Post by Balthagor »

This was posted in the "first impressions" thread but will probably become a long conversation of its own so new thread...
rhjyyz wrote:So if all facilites are at 100%, what is the point of having the filters? When I click Land/Commodity I get the different shades of red depending on where the resource might be maximized. (Like Middle East has much oil) Does it matter now if they all build up to the same potential?
First, forget the % thing, now > 100% just means damaged.

Filters on map show the intensity of a resource deposit. If you have a week deposit and build 6 facilities on that site, you'll probably get no more than if you just built 1-2 and will have to pay maintenance on them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

OK got it. Anyway to tell the potential of the commodity in question in a hex?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

That is something we're still working on. There is however only 4 possible "intensities" for a resources

- none
- small
- medium
- large

So if it's medium brightness, 3-4 upgrades is probably about the most you'll get out of it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

I hope you will pronounce the maximum amount of facilities needed on a hex for maximum exploitation or at least show us a way for calculating it, after all, statesmen should get this info from engineers and geologists...
Trifler
Lieutenant

Post by Trifler »

+1 for an indicator indicating how much the selected facility will produce if built in the hex under the cursor.
PanzerHue
Sergeant

Re:

Post by PanzerHue »

The Khan wrote:I hope you will pronounce the maximum amount of facilities needed on a hex for maximum exploitation or at least show us a way for calculating it, after all, statesmen should get this info from engineers and geologists...
Hi,

First thanx for a great game.
I would like to know if there are any news regarding this subject. I have tried searching for it here in the forums and on wiki, but with no result.
Can some one help me, please.

Kind regards...
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Understanding on map resource filters

Post by Ruges »

This Issue was fixed 2 patches ago. However it does not show you a visable number on how many you can place there. But if you play enough you will almost be able to look at the shade of red and tell what the max is.
PanzerHue
Sergeant

Post by PanzerHue »

Ruges wrote:This Issue was fixed 2 patches ago. However it does not show you a visable number on how many you can place there. But if you play enough you will almost be able to look at the shade of red and tell what the max is.
Thanx for the reply Ruges.

I guess I will be better to tell from the colours when I have been playing some more. Im still in my first game and its great fun. Also a little confusing.

I am having a hard time trying to see how big an output I will get from building a new facility. The number with the people I guess is the amount of supply of workforce, but the lower number dosent seem to fit in the over all "Production capacity" when I have constructed the facility.

Im playing Brazil and Im having problems finding out how many farms I need to construct to be self suficient in Agricultural products. I have constructed 16 now and I still far behind demand.

Kind regards...
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Hello,

This annoyed me somewhat when I first started playing. Also it was not until I had been playing a month that I realised the color only affects how many facilities you can build, not the amount of output per facility. I was playing under the impression a lighter colored hex would produce a lesser amount of resource per factory. This is not the case. It;s simply that you cannot build as many facilities on that hex. The color does not affect output, only number of facilities that can be built.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Innocentiii
Corporal

Post by Innocentiii »

GIJoe597 wrote:It's simply that you cannot build as many facilities on that hex. The color does not affect output, only number of facilities that can be built.
Right, it affects the cost only in the sense that the base cost is spread out over fewer facilities. It's nice now, just keep clicking until you stop getting facilities.

Return to “Production & Economy - 2020”