SF and partisans

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Mistweaver
Corporal

Post by Mistweaver »

The GSG-9 draws its members from the German Border Guards. The unit was formed after the Olympics massacre of Israeli atheletes in Munich i think. Its main claim to fame is the sucessful operation in Mogadishu airport which happend in 1976 or 1977.

THe German Army has recently instituted a Special Operations Command , the KSK, which might, in the future develop such a capability.
King tiger
Corporal

Post by King tiger »

will "Sail" be included for specil operations in sea areads?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

uh?
King tiger
Corporal

Post by King tiger »

Sorry for my bad english.

I mean can i send my commandos to distroy Naval units or sea ports. As i know USA have a well known units for this kind of missions caled "Sail", please correct me if i am wrong.
herr neumann
Captain

Post by herr neumann »

Not totally sure but I think they are called "SEAL", aren't they? And do they really destroy ships and ports?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Ive never heard of "sail"-that doesnt mean it doesnt exist though.

Seals however do sneak into enemy ports and do nasty things :smile:.So maybe they are who you mean.
red
General

Post by red »

I don't know if infantry can attack ships, but if they could, they would not sink a ship automatically because everything has a strength which requires multiple hits... and chances are the infantry will lose then.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

This brings up a good question.
Ill give the question it own thread since it doesnt really fit in here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tkobo on 2004-04-16 18:53 ]</font>
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

US Navy SEAL Units ("SEa, Land, and Air" Maritime Special Operations Forces) are a bit of a combination between a Special Forces unit and a small-team Commando force.

They tend to be dispatched in squad or platoon size, for special tasks (such as noted above, demolition or sabotage etc).

They are a bit hard for us to simulate because they don't fight as a battalion; instead their Commando-style makes them something better handled by our "Ops" section (not yet implemented...)

On the other hand, while a SEAL team might be good at disrupting communications or creating localized havoc, I really can't see them very effective against a deployed enemy such as a ship at sea. So I don't think they'll be showing up as a separate unit in the game...

-- George.

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”