Rapidshare

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

Rapidshare

Post by The Khan »

Paid users get their account download limits severely reduced.

"due to the significant number of new users who subscribed to rapidshare during the last two weeks, we decided to extend our internal ressources. in order to maintain the best possible performance for all premium users, we decided to limit the download capacity to 4 gb for each user during this transotional phase. premium users will be able to save up to 30 gb of download capacity, if the daily 4 gb volume has not been used. "

Any opinions? IS rapidshare low on funds or simply trying to stretch users thin as its market share is simply monopolistic?
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Apoffys
Lt. Colonel

Re: Rapidshare

Post by Apoffys »

Sounds like a temporary measure because of overloaded servers, not a permanent solution. Setting up new servers isn't done over night.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

I hope so.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Product information:
3 years baby
Apoffys
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apoffys »

I have little experience with rapidshare, never paid for a download there, but from what you posted I'd say it's a bit early to panic.
jomni
Warrant Officer

Post by jomni »

Rapidshare is so hard to use if you are a free user. :evil:
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Why are we discussing a pirate software web site as if it's a real legitimate service?
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Legend wrote:Why are we discussing a pirate software web site as if it's a real legitimate service?
Wait, isn't it legitimate? O_o
Product information:
3 years baby
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Well I think that the service itself is legal (eg uploading, storing and downloading files on/from the web) however those files could be illegal, such as films and the like due to copyright infringment. Its the same story with P2P torrents and the like, the software is legal but what is downloaded is not.

Thats just my take on it.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Prove it :) Well, that concludes it. Unless it is proven otherwise, I am only uploading family photos and already bought e-books only for my own reading purpose :D
Product information:
3 years baby
Apoffys
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apoffys »

So it's basically a legal service being used illegally. I don't see anyone shutting down the roads and suing the goverment every time someone does something illegal when driving... :D

Return to “Off Topic Comments”