Russia HAS bombers !!!!

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

MaxRiga
Colonel

Russia HAS bombers !!!!

Post by MaxRiga »

This thing was pissing me off in sr2010 and now I was shocked again. People, GIVE BOMBERS TO RUSSIA !!!!

Same as USA Russia HAS long range bombers for long time

tu95 is absolutely similar to american b52
and Tu160 to B2

I really hope u going to include this units to Russia for ur next update ...
... lai dzivo latvija !
Covfam
Lieutenant

Post by Covfam »

er sorry to burst your bubble but there ARE soviet bombers listed in game

http://www.battlegoat.com/equiplist.php ... &pmaxtech=

and i Doubt they took them OUT for 2020

For strategic bombers they have the
TU-95ms, tu-16 badger, tu-22m backfire ,tu-160 black jack bombers.

And for Fighter bombers there are 12 fighterbombers listed.

As with some nations you may have to research some to have them available .... even the united states and germany dont have every single fancy unit available to them and while they have the tech level they still need to research the blueprint.

hope you find your bombers. but they havent been hiding from you they ARE in game :)
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

and this is 2020 .. not 1920 ... :)
... lai dzivo latvija !
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Riga, Riga ,Riga....how long you been here and you dont know to go in and check your unit design settings :P

If only i had an emote that wagged its finger .......... :lol:
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

tkobo wrote:Riga, Riga ,Riga....how long you been here and you dont know to go in and check your unit design settings :P

If only i had an emote that wagged its finger .......... :lol:
my bad ... the true is I really don't play much sr2010 and 2020 .. i've just opened my techno units and didn't find it there .. tell me your wisdom ;) where can I find it and how can I build it?
... lai dzivo latvija !
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Theyre some place different this time around, look in player options/ map I "think".
Select the options that allow you to see all the designs.
Chuckle TM
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

tkobo wrote:Theyre some place different this time around, look in player options/ map I "think".
Select the options that allow you to see all the designs.
dang
thx, but it really surprised me ... tu160 is obsolete unit :)))

by the way
... lai dzivo latvija !
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Something that has irritated me for some time is that the TU-160 is considered obsolete, why i dont know cause from what I have read it is probably the Russians most capable bomber and similar in capabilitiy to the B1, but it is still obsolete!!

Why? who knows?

*rant mode off* :lol:
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I'm sure Chris can add a bit more to this thread or even clarify it for me but I think we mark units as obsolete because countries using those military units deem them obsolete.
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Hmm, but do you have any evidence that it is considered obsolete? Especialy seeing as it is there most recently aquried strategic bomber, is on front line service, and one has recently been completed and added to the force, and others are reciving upgrades?

Im sorry, but I dont see why the russians would consider it to be obsolete?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Krafty
Warrant Officer

Post by Krafty »

Im pretty sure (ill check) that the russian orbat no longer includes strategic bomber forces. Hasnt since vladimir putin took power. Thier current orbat is geared towards policing actions and urban combat, as well I believe their current nuclear orbat doesnt include strategic bomber forces.

However, from that screen shot, im under the impression that russia has no bombers in its reserves at all...which couldnt be farther from the truth. Just because russia considers bombers like the Bear and even its turbojet forces, obsolete, doesnt mean theyve put them out to pasture. They still sit in their hangers, just not armed and ready to go anymore.

The US can say the same of its SAC forces. Just because we dont use the old model B52s, doesnt mean we've cannibalized them either.

We still have B26 marauders that are armed with 30mm vulcans and carry the same automatic grenade launchers the C-130 gunships have. We used ww2 era P51s and B26s in vietnam...those were over 30 years old by the time they were used against the vietcong.

So I definitly dont agree with not starting Russia, of all places, with loads and loads of its "obsolete" forces.

Russia still has 40mm Bofors in its Orbat...those are 75 years old.

75 years.

Give russia its forces :P

(edit) i checked, and the orbats dont include them anymore.

But that certainly doesnt mean by 2020 russia will have sold, cannibalized, or scrapped those forces. Russia still has captured 88mm gun emplacements, it has garrison forces that use SKSs, it uses 75 year old anti aircraft in places, it has a submarine in the sea of japan thats over 40 years old.

Theyve always been a hodgepodge nation, and that should certainly be reflected, but no one on earth has more equipment available to them, not even china, Its Just that its mostly over 15 years old
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

K, a few things here.
First your confusing the topic.It was about whats designs russia had access to.What aircraft they could build.Which is what the screen shows.

Next, he didnt have his game settings right, so not all designs were showing,Hence why only one shows.

Next ,no where in that screen is any information about how many bomber units russia has in reserve/ active /or anywhere else.

So your kinda trying to make a case for a change in an issue that we have no idea (from information in this thread)whether or not even exists.
Chuckle TM
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

newest tu160 was build just 3-4 months ago

Russia has about 16 of those bombers in use today and it will build 1-2 more during 2008

if USA players can build b52 or b2 then Russia players must be able to build tu95 and tu160 ...

and i'm not even saying about this ridicules units settings for b2 and f35 lighting, which one twice better then any plane in the world by sr2020 game. I'm saying just about build up power balance of the game.
... lai dzivo latvija !
Krafty
Warrant Officer

Post by Krafty »

Ah, I havent recieved 2020 yet, in 2010 (which admittedly I havent played in a while) I remembered the build screen showing how many other versions of that unit you have around your country.

I have no idea what units are available and preconstructed in the scenerios revolving around russia. I also dont mind if theyre not correct or based on what russia has now, or will probably have in 12 years, according to current orbats. Do I care if the 27th Rifle Guard Regiment is in Volgastad or even existent in Russia in the game? No not really, ill still purchase and play it, and enjoy the heck out of it.

Im just saying, if they were TRYING to get orbat realism, theyd probably have to create alot of units that dont currently exist ingame, or abstract their effectiveness (or lack thereof really) into russian units. It really doesnt matter.

But im sure, realisticly, in an "end of the world" type scenerio where the worlds armies are aimed at each other, "obsolete" would cease to exist. If all you had left to arm your soldiers with were sticks and stones, youd have divisions armed with sticks and stones.

Ill revisit this topic once ive gotten the game, I remember in sr2010 alot of orbats were correct and alot were waaaay off (south africa for one, which has quite a large advanced army, and was armed with the same stuff the african union has, which is 30 year old french and german equipment) but it doesnt really detract from the entertainment if its not correct.

You can always scrap yer military and build up a new one in a few months with really no ill effects (or could in sr2010) so you can make your army follow any orbat you want.
Krafty
Warrant Officer

Post by Krafty »

MaxRiga wrote:newest tu160 was build just 3-4 months ago

Russia has about 16 of those bombers in use today and it will build 1-2 more during 2008

if USA players can build b52 or b2 then Russia players must be able to build tu95 and tu160 ...

and i'm not even saying about this ridicules units settings for b2 and f35 lighting, which one twice better then any plane in the world by sr2020 game. I'm saying just about build up power balance of the game.
Yeah, but they removed them from active service after the Bay of Biscay incident.

And since 2006 only 5 Tu160s rolled off the production lines every year. Most were just updated older versions to current versions, their current reserve force has only 15 flyable Tu160s, with 5 more to be added next year, for a completion of that line of aircraft.

Though I agree, that design needs to be in russias arsenal from the start of the game.

Return to “Military - 2020”