What is the next game? What do you want the next game to be?

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Empier4552
General

What is the next game? What do you want the next game to be?

Post by Empier4552 »

So we've all had our summer and i've come back from being a hermit (No actually i've fallen madly in love and am trrying to figure out when to get engaged and married so hectic times ahead with a girlfriend whos parents DESPISE Me for some reason)..

Back to the games. So we all know SR2010s patches are gone with the wind in terms of new ones. A new one is in the works. So lets have a competition of guesses on what the next game will be? Future? Current? PAST? (Rome? Greek?)

Maybe Cold War?

Oh oh and lets all pray that we have a tad more intelligent AI? Yes yes? Anyone? ;-)

But yes lets all speculate and hypothesize if it hasn't been done already on what nifty new features and storylines will be here or what we WANT to be in it heh
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Dont forget to ask -----

ARE WE THERE YET ?

As for that crazy wedding idea - RUN FOR THE HILLS - NOW.BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Re: What is the next game? What do you want the next game to

Post by BigStone »

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 0ab9ee354e

And oh...
Empier4552 wrote: whos parents DESPISE Me for some reason)..
That aint to bad considering the other way..... :lol:
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
Khorne
Major

Post by Khorne »

How about a vietnam Scenario.
Go Home and Die
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Are we there yet? Is it far? I need a wee!!!
Martial-law
Warrant Officer

Post by Martial-law »

I would like the next game representing the Cold War era or the present day geopolitical world where its multi-polar i.e. 1- USA, 2- Russia, 3- China, 4- European Union and 5- India, Brazil, Japan anyone of them. But my emphasis would be on the Cold War because this is an era never covered in a deep global strategy game. The AI should be made so robust that it remains active and well functioning for the long period covering the Cold War. A Cold War or Present era game should not concentrate just an all out war but nation building, diplomacy, infrastructure, alignment and non-alignment, proxy wars just look at the game "Balance of Power". This type of game would be ideal. :-)
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

But, as you said, Balance of Power already ploughed that ground. Sure, a new title might generate some interest in that era, but I would have concerns about sales. How many people want to delve that deep into Cold War geopolitics?

Rather, something ripped from the headlines with some reasonable postulates about the future could be very interesting.

- China makes a grab for Taiwan.
- North Korea nukes Seoul and invades.
- Vietnam/China/Malysia square off over the Spratly islands
- Islam unites and there is a confrentation with the West.
- Bird flu wipes out 1/3 of the population and world economic markets collapse.
- Pakistan and India go nuclear on each other.
- A terrorist nuke takes out NYC, and the US goes on a crusade.
- The EU unites in a strong way and gets xenophobic with Muslim immigrants.
- etc etc etc

There is so much right over the horizon that a game could mix and match possible scenarios and never repeat the same set up!

Regards,
Feltan
Martial-law
Warrant Officer

Post by Martial-law »

Feltan wrote:But, as you said, Balance of Power already ploughed that ground. Sure, a new title might generate some interest in that era, but I would have concerns about sales. How many people want to delve that deep into Cold War geopolitics?

Rather, something ripped from the headlines with some reasonable postulates about the future could be very interesting.

- etc etc etc

There is so much right over the horizon that a game could mix and match possible scenarios and never repeat the same set up!

Regards,
Feltan

What you state suggests about a game covering the present day geopolitical world where all of you mentioned are real possibilities:

- etc etc etc

Then why not BG create a game based on the present day world. You may be knowing that two similar games were created by Golemlabs i.e. Superpowers 1 & 2, but they failed. Now you would think that the type of games covering the present day geopolitics are not appealing. But on the contrary people are hungry for a well developed game based on the present era. A present day based game would appeal a lot! Unfortunately, the fans of Superpowers 1 & 2 never got a well developed game from Golemlabs and there seems no chance of a Superpower 3 for some legal reasons. So I would wish if BG takes over this responsibility and create a game based on the present day geopolitics named "Supreme Ruler"? I think that the BG team are clever guys and they could give the people what Golemlabs promised but could never give; a present day grand strategy geopolitical game! :-)
Wicked
Warrant Officer

Post by Wicked »

I suggest that it would be nice to put the work on AI in terms of getting the battle. The way AI is fighting very simple to beat - I just make the massive lines of artilery in main directions and crashing attack force of enemy I push my lines forward. So I think it will be good to develope the behaviour of AI forces to give the chance to beat me.

Next for wishes - reaction of neigbors for gifts and trade propositions - they should react for the ammount of given products to them accordingly to their potentials. I was read here in the forum from one man the way he see this matter - very good suggestions. So If I gave to a country good or services for the 1/3 amount of their budget I expect them to be very happy.

To review ministers actions especial state one. Giving order to "turn neutral to ally" I expect minister to do kind of actions or when I said to help for some countries to develope relations... but there is no actions and aid from minister at all.

Return to “General Discussion”