Emails from department heads

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

No date given for the next update, that is being discussed in another thread.

As for additional minister feedback, yes there is some new feedback already implemented, but I'm sure we could do a future update that did nothing but expand on the minister feedback. I expect we will add a little with each update, focusing on the more important or simpler to implement features first.

Thanks for buying the game, glad you're enjoying it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tonedog
Warrant Officer

Post by tonedog »

in the australian mission i kept emails bout shortages of lumber. i kept clickin agree to about 10 of them but 2 months later i was still short. is this related to the earlier msgs in theis thread or is it just me?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Which e-mail exactly where you getting? Shotages looming?

There are some things the minister can't do for you, such as building new facilities, so perhaps the shortage was too great for the minister to be able to resolve. We have also adjusted how the minister proceed to take action so this may be less of an issue after update #3.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
foo
Sergeant

Post by foo »

Speaking of emails... Here's an easy suggestion to implement: How about tweaking the format of the email popup windows? You're being too much like microsoft with tons of useless toolbars polluting the top of every popup window. It's very frustrating to have a scrollbar (scroll-tabs?) appear in a tiny window just to reach 3-4 lines of message when there's 3-4 lines of wasted space in the window "headers". It would be nice for instance if the Subject line had the related country when the state department announces a diplomatic response. The CC line is totally useless. Likewise, the TO field, "leadership" is completely redundant. I'd much rather see pertinent information in the popup windows than static window dressing. Discard the dross and format the message so it appears without scroll tabs. Get someone with good editorial skills to make the messages more terse and fit within the allotted space.
Great game, thanks!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The "To" and "CC" are very useful in multiplayer. Can't do away with them. We also went for a look that would be very familiar to any user, that was a design decision.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
foo
Sergeant

Post by foo »

Balthagor wrote:The "To" and "CC" are very useful in multiplayer. Can't do away with them. We also went for a look that would be very familiar to any user, that was a design decision.
Well... for someone playing at maximum screensize, the wasted screen space is frustrating. If the popup windows were resizable and the size and location were retained between "pops", I could do away with those annoying scrolltabs.

But even without reformatting the window frames, simply making the messages a bit more terse and deleting multiple linefeeds within the message would save space. Scrolling a message is understandable if it's several pages of info. But when it's only a line or two, it's just annoying.
Great game, thanks!
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

We do eventually want to make the popup windows moveable, but I don't think we'll be making the email window resizable. The popup email is usually big enough to fit most messages (except diplomatic offers) without scrolling, I thought, but I'll take a closer look and see if there are improvements we can make here.

Yeah, in single player some of the stuff (like the CC line) is redundant, but it doesn't take up that much space. I'll give it some thought in any case - thanks.

-- George.

Return to “General Discussion”