Engineers....

For general talk about Supreme Ruler 2010

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Engineers....

Post by CptBritish »

Right this is a pretty simple (Some might think stupid) but...

Does the amount of Engineers in a Battlion affect its building ability...

Wat I'm basically saying is that would a overpowered Engineer battlion (Say 40) assist the construction of buildings more than a underpowered one (say 18 )???
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: funny the one's i use have default 35 strength. But i seen there was no differnce in the strength to building time. Course i might not have noticed it.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Haven't tested it

But I'll use this post to say that good engineers are the best infantry one can get(provided that the player wants quality and not quanity for the short term)

That said I mean all round ofcourse, certain situation there are better units.

eg. Elite Airborne for air drops behind the enemy lines with transport helicopters
BG
Warrant Officer

Post by BG »

Is it possible that ordering eng. units to construct in a hex with an 100% active research center eventually makes the tech item been finished earlier?I think that this might be the case but i dont know for sure.Anybody with similar idea?
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

bergsjaeger wrote::lol: funny the one's i use have default 35 strength. But i seen there was no differnce in the strength to building time. Course i might not have noticed it.
Ok smart arse lol

I forgot the default strenght of the Engineers...

Be ok tho you know wat I mean...

Could a Dev Answer plz?

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

BG wrote:Is it possible that ordering eng. units to construct in a hex with an 100% active research center eventually makes the tech item been finished earlier?
Your point makes some sense but i certaintly hope not...
The research fundings are already far to complex imho.. :-?

Cheers
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

BG wrote:Is it possible that ordering eng. units to construct in a hex with an 100% active research center eventually makes the tech item been finished earlier?I think that this might be the case but i dont know for sure.Anybody with similar idea?
I don't think so. Engineers aren't scientists/inventors etc. They do so much already!
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: wasn't trying to be smart. I have tried this haven't noticed any differce but there maybe some kind of change.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

bergsjaeger wrote::lol: wasn't trying to be smart. I have tried this haven't noticed any differce but there maybe some kind of change.
Lol I was on about you pointing out that a 40 strenght battlion is only 5 above :P I was only messing anyway :D

I'll take your word on it then...

bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

update no the strength doesn't help with the buildings process. I built 7 default strength and 7 at 54 strength made them build at the same time on 2 differnet research centers. they got done at the same time.
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

BTW: engineers can reduce the build time for a militery base?

is the number of battlions effect the build time?
No surrender after nuking PLS!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

tboy21 wrote:is the number of battlions effect the build time?
Yes, more engineers = faster building
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

U would think 7 max strength Engineers would equal to at least 10 or 11 default strength ones. And with a stack limit of 7 and the max ones helping to build something would add something to the time it takes. At least cut the days down some.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

bergsjaeger wrote:U would think 7 max strength Engineers would equal to at least 10 or 11 default strength ones.
We agree that this is the way it should work, though currently I'm not sure if that is how it has been implemented - it could be that the strength of the battalions is not considered at present. We've made a note to check into this and change it to match what you are suggesting if need be.

-- George.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: well the 10 or 11 figure is close. a default strength Engineers is 35 while a max one is 52. personell for a default is 350 while the max is roughly 520. a difference of 170 men but times both manpowers by 7 and u'll see roughly the max is 1190 more men. Now if u take that 1190 and build default strength Engineers u will be able to build 3 battalions and still will have 140 men left. If this math is right then 7 max Engineers should be at least 50% faster than the default ones.

Return to “General Discussion”