Freezing

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Well, totally different systems... so no common thread there!
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

I do think we have a common thread here... coz this freezing has to do with processing of the orders... so maybe with your system the freezing happens more often than with my system..

just something to think about
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

And using Ctrl+M to mute your sound doesn't have any effect on the slowdown?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

I haven't tried that...I will now.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

the only kind of freezing in the game i have is the time before it clicks over to the next day but everything else is ok i even look at things during the time freeze with no trouble. And i have pretty much everything u have on ur computer except the video card and i had no trouble except that one time the game did freeze but it has never happened again but i think the devs explained to me something popped up on the desktop that caused the freeze.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
3iff
Brigadier Gen.

Post by 3iff »

Strange.

The freezing seems to have 'gone away' for now. The sound on/off didn't seem to make any difference and I was able to play the game with sound without any apparent problems. The problem also seems to have disappeared from other games that exhibited the effect.

This suggests that the problem may have been due to the computer overheating. It's had a cleanout and the ambient temperature is much lower (thanks to rainy weather).

I shall continue to monitor the situation but I'm still not sure what is going on. All I can think of is that unless lots of others are suffering the same problems, then the problem must be local to me...

Thanks for your patience!

(I do get a momentary pause each day end but that's due to an autosave and that's to be expected. It's nothing like the freeze I did experience.)

Return to “SR2010 Support”