MAR effect turned off - units still surrender

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tboy21
Major

MAR effect turned off - units still surrender

Post by tboy21 »

I have started a scenario.. and bombed with a SMALL nuke a country
and than checked the moral of my units... stayed the same - "Medium"
to be sure it's not the fallout that caused my units to surrender I attacked another country that is far away from ground zero and my units surrendered :(
All of the time after the nuke attack all of my units's moral stayed the same
so its not the moral that affects if a unit will surrender.. thats means that there is a BUG!

please fix this BUG
Last edited by tboy21 on Jul 09 2005, edited 1 time in total.
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

bump^^
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Yeah battlegoat. If mar effects are supposed to be off then they should be off, not their effects lessened.

Off means off. 8_
Missiles!! Nukes!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I've asked George to comment on this, effects of options is stuff he set, but unit surrenders have nothing to do with military approval, they have to do with morale. MAR affects morale, but that's not the only elements. Personnally I don't care if it stays the same or changes, just wanted to clarify.

I'll mention the thread to George again.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

BTW: that's the only time my units surrenders - MAR effect the moral.. other than that - nothing else effected their moral, even if the supplies runs out my units never surrender..
they've surrendered ONLY when I used nukes which lowered the MAR

Important note: all of the time my unit's moral all over the country was the same (when my MAR was low), and when they meet the enemy they just surrender :(
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Hey battlegoat make the no effect MAR and DAR switch just freeze the MAR and DAR at 100%.

Edit: Clarified
Last edited by Baloogan on Jul 10 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Missiles!! Nukes!
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

how do I do that???
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

tboy21 wrote:how do I do that???
I'm telling the devs to. :-)
Missiles!! Nukes!
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

so you mean that on the next update it will be possible to be done?
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

No, he was just suggesting to the devs an easy fix to the problem.

I wonder if there is a way to mod it so MAR stays at 100%... or maybe so nukes don't kill the MAR.
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

sounds like A nice fiX
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

First item: Regarding units surrendering when the show Morale as "Medium" etc - yeah, this is a bit confusing, since we effectively have two levels of "Morale" - that of the unit itself, and that of the command structure (the latter is represented by the Military Approval Rating, or MAR). So it is misleading to see it say "Medium" (the soldier-level morale) when the MAR is so low as to affect the leadership stability (ie, resulting in unit surrenders etc).

In other words, Morale affects how well the units fight, while MAR affects how the leaders will lead - a collapse of MAR will result in entire battalions surrendering, while a low Morale rating will just result in a unit fighting very poorly and being easily destroyed.

That's how it works now, though I can see that there is certainly an overlap between the two, and maybe we should at least not show "Medium" for unit morale when the leadership is falling apart. I'll look at this, but it could still stay the way it is, or maybe just result in some sort of clarification on how it is displayed.

Regarding the ability to completely turn off Military Approval Affects (ie, no MAR penalty when you drop a nuke), this has been already suggested and will be looked at, but it would also significantly de-stabilize and unbalance the game.

-- George.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Thats the point of having a 'no MAR DAR effects' button. We the players should be able to choose weather or not we want M or DARs to affect how we play.
Some people might want to have a pure wargame, and not deal with any home front issues.
Missiles!! Nukes!
tboy21
Major

Post by tboy21 »

Baloogan wrote:Thats the point of having a 'no MAR DAR effects' button. We the players should be able to choose weather or not we want M or DARs to affect how we play.
Some people might want to have a pure wargame, and not deal with any home front issues.
I agree with Baloogan
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

Thirded...

?

Don't ask but I agree with Baloogan...
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.

Return to “SR2010 Support”