Croatia

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

Disiance
Warrant Officer

Croatia

Post by Disiance »

After playing the demo (Colorado - won, Oregon - got caught up in wars so couldn't win), I decided to buy the game. Awesomeness...so I started a scenario as Croatia.

Looks like Croatia's army is the 3rd largest, next to Milan and Serbia.

I set minister priorities to decrease the inflation and increase unemployment. (they FINALLY, after 2.5 years of play are at good levels)

I noticed my beli bar with Milan was high, and being the type who likes the game's war aspect, I decided I want to attack them. Only problem was my direct neighbor to the north, Slovenia, didn't want me trouncing through their lands.

A billion dollars later, I have a full alliance with Slovenia, and set up outposts on the Slovenia/Milan border, complete with many artillary units.

I then declare war on Milan, and my artillary units begin wrecking havoc, and Milan could not counter attack because I was complete within Slovenia's borders. After a while I began sending some elite infantry and tank units into north-western Milan, and met minimal resistance. Then the Serb Republic (a southern neighbor) attacked me. I quickly set up defense positions in my new territory in Milan and began to run the Serb Republic into the ground. Two weeks later they were completely obliterated. 35,000 of their troops died while I only lost 10,000.

I then returned my focus on Milan, who had been doing some rushes against my positions, weaking my units quite a bit. Because of my war with the Serb Republic I didn't have enough full-strength units to continue an offensive in Milan so I kept up a steady stream of reinforcements. Milan soon declared war on Slovenia and began advancing through that region, afraid that my supply lines would be cut off, I quickly scrapped my radar and supply stations I had built in the Milan land I had conquered and began a retreat back to aid Slovenia.

After reestablishing Slovenia's border, and posting units to defend it, I began my push into Milan again, hoping that the war that has popped up between Rome and Milan will help me. Slowly but steadily I pushed on, rarely being forced to fall back. I pushed south of Milan's capitol, but just out of reach of their navy (which had shredded what little amount of personel helos I had) and marched down to the Roman border.

Noticing that an election is coming up in about a year and a half, and that my DAR is hovering at 32%, I decide the war must come to an end. I spend three weeks moving tanks, LAVs, and elite infantry units into place around the south and eastern borders of Milan's capitol. when all was in place I ordered the advance. Three and a half days later, complete with heavy fighting, Milan had fallan. The casualties in the final push were pretty close, both sides losing around 10,000 men. I then gave the order to send thousands of troops into reserves, with plans of scrapping some units. Immediately following my DAR jumped to 44%, and I see it rising in the near future. I have bribed an alliance with Rome now, and so do not have to worry as much on my western/southern, only the eastern/southern border. With the capture of Milan, I have a navy which can be reckoned with (only about 10 ships of the Milan navy were lost in the war). I am seen as a real threat now as only Serbia has a force which can withstand me. The only threat I fear is losing the upcoming election.
Disiance
Warrant Officer

Post by Disiance »

Casualties so far:

Milan: 204,000 (dead)
Croatia - 57,000
Rome - 92,000
Serb Republic - 32,000 (dead)
Slovenia - 104,000

Return to “After Action Reports”