CTD whitesands mission

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

isupreme
Captain

CTD whitesands mission

Post by isupreme »

Saved just very shortly after begining.

Now when i attempt to load it . instead i got to desk top.
isupreme
Captain

Post by isupreme »

Just had it happen agian with a different save for white sands mission
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

What is the file size of the savegame? If it is only a few kb then it did not save properly. If it is 3-4mb please zip and send it over so we can try to resolve why it's crashing.

chris@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
isupreme
Captain

Post by isupreme »

The workaround mentioned for another thread works here as well.

If i go to single player scenarios and then use the load saved games option i am able to play these scenarios.

I had the bug on three differing saves of various sizes....
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I had expected to find that all of these savegame crashes would be related. I suppose this is the issue with game development, I've used the lobby savegame loading so often, I suppose I didn't test other methods enough :oops:

Then again, I've got multiple savegames that load fine. I'll be very interested to hear from George what the cause ends up being... :-?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
harley9699
Sergeant

White Sands CTD

Post by harley9699 »

Just playing White Sands last night. Tried to load it (them) tonight...CTDs. Also interested in finding out why. Have to start from the beginning???
I was starting with the single player 'Scenarios' button and trying to load---just crashes.
Ideas?
Swifty***
Sergeant

Post by Swifty*** »

Are you going 'Single Player' then 'Scenario' then clicking on the icin that is suppose to list the saved games?

If so, check the saved game directory for bad saves. Any saved games that are 1k in size or otherwise really small may crash when just trying to see the saved game list. In this case you must remove the bad saved games from the saved game directory. However, if one of them was the one you wanted you will not be able to load that one.
harley9699
Sergeant

Post by harley9699 »

All of the savegames are the correct size. Actually, I was going to "Single player", "Load" (like I have all the other ones). However, your method will load the White Sands saves! Thanks! Do you know why the difference?

Return to “SR2010 Support”