"Unit of the Day"

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

SeaMonkey
Warrant Officer

Post by SeaMonkey »

OK, how about plans for trimarans (experimental right now) and also experimental, the MOB. As far as DD-X and CG-X programs scheduled for 2011, I believe they may opt to be nuclear since they will be using future tech electric-drive propulsions along with on board laser and microwave weapons (lots of electricity) although chemical lasers are more efficient.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

YOu got me on those last two. I've copied the notes into my "to-do" section and will get back to you guys on it when it's decided and set. I would assume that all of these make it in but the ASDS has been discussed a few times and is going to cause some problems... anyway, I'll keep you informed on these.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SeaMonkey
Warrant Officer

Post by SeaMonkey »

Chris, don't worry about it, you have enough to do. There will always be time for patches, additional equip. later. Really I only mentioned these to see if the 2010 threshold would be surpassed. I have my answer. Still the thought of the Mobile Offshore Base making it in the initial game would be most intriguing. Thanks for your attentiveness.
Jan
Captain

Post by Jan »

George Geczy wrote:Ahhh, some excellent choices! I'll start with one of Chris' favorites, possibly only because it has a funny name....

PzH-2000 Panzerhaubitze
Type: 155MM SELF PROPELLED HOWITZER
Origin: Europe (Germany)
In-Game Availability: 1998 Tech Level
Unit Info: 18 units per Battalion; crew of 5
Cost Per Battalion $ 162 million (US); 32 days to build/train
Movement: 60 km/h speed, 420 km per fuel load
Indirect Fire Range: 40 km (52 caliber gun)
Attack Values: Mid-High (in-game rating 32 Soft Target, 24 Hard Target)
Defense Values: Low-Mid (in-game rating 12 Ground Defense, good for Armoured Artillery)

General Description: A bit expensive to build, but generally the best all-around tracked artillery unit until the Crusader becomes available at tech-year 2008. The higher cost and longer build-times may make it more popular in the wealthier regions, however.

In-game unit:
The real thing:

For more info on this unit:
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/pzh2000/
here's something very interisting for PzH2000 enthusiast that you seems to be:

It's simply a PzH 2000 turret on a MLRS chassis! :-)

The thinks weight 27t (versus 55t for the PzH2000), wich means that it can be transported in an A400M :) and then provide an appreciable support for the Puma.

Source:
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/artillery/

cheers,

Jan
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Already found that one myself, they also have it mounted on a cheap truck chassis. Expect both to be in the SR2020 equipment list. :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”