Major economic problem + others

Find support, discuss issues, report in game bugs found here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hyjinx
Corporal

Major economic problem + others

Post by Hyjinx »

I would love to just be able to just send you my save game file so you could see what needs fixing, or maybe my install was buggy. Here are the major points of interest:

-My immigration is at over 5 billion annually but my population doesnt increase.

-My currency is so devalued that I make trillions of dollars a day, I can buy anything from the world market and stockpile . This is a problem if i ever get at odds with the WM, but still a strange situation.

-I own absolutely no industry of any kind other than 1 oil powerplant, My armed forces are at about 300,000. The interesting thing is my unemployment is at 0% and I have a population of 45 million. (I guess I own a lot Starbucks franchises)

-My ministers are not concerned that I have such a horrible inflation ~150% nor do they see a problem with this immigration.

-My minister is powerless to stop my inflation. He is the only person to have a priority and the rest of everything is switched to auto. I've tried different ministers, still have a rising inflation. I am also personnaly powerless to stop it.

-I am also unable to manually launch satellites. The button seems to do nothing. I have like 4 satellites sitting in dock.

-Although the computer does have wars, they are absolutely worthless. At most 3 units from either side gets demolished. The only major wars are against me.

-What's up with loyalty?

-my approval rating is at 100%. Thats an impossibility without mind control in a democracy. If we're going for realism and all.

-to my understanding the buying land thing and general diplomacy is straightened out?

-my treasury has an imaginary number as a value. Guess it just got too high. My immigration will be here to shortly.

-The belli bar was at freindly and still my neighbor attacked me, is this bar even necessary as it relays no real information about political climate?

-Many of my technology improvements do nothing, is this normal? Where's my laser rifles?

-I read about how if I built like 40 research centers my research got done really fast. This worked. This is a really gamey situation, was it intended to be like this?

I guess thats it for now, I'll start a new game and see what happens with the new patch.
I used to say huh? but no longer
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

I am also unable to manually launch satellites. The button seems to do nothing. I have like 4 satellites sitting in dock.
The launch directly thru the pad is unrealiable.You can get a launch almost everytime by doing it another way.

Go into the defense tab, than military facilities tab. On that tab is a launch sattlelite order. Use it.it will open another tab that will allow you too pick and launch the sat of your choice.
-Although the computer does have wars, they are absolutely worthless. At most 3 units from either side gets demolished. The only major wars are against me.
This really depends on the regions involved.The AI will conquer other AI regions,but ive only seen it happen consistantly on some scenarios.

-What's up with loyalty?
Not fully inplemented at this time.The loyalty of conquered lands will remain 100% to the previous owner til the secnario ends as it stands now.
-to my understanding the buying land thing and general diplomacy is straightened out?
Well, expect it to still need some future tweaking .Buts its much better than it was.

Some of your other questions need more info before I could really try to help.
The economy questions ,Id have to actually see your entire economy and study it for sometime.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
shaolt2002
Sergeant

Post by shaolt2002 »

I got that same problem of higher immigration but no population boost.

Get this, I had 47,000 emigration
5,700,000 imigration
and for a year straight - 2.4% unemployment.

Now I understand immigration isn't the ONLY way a nation's population rises or falls, but unless 5 million more people are dying than being born, it is practically impossible not to have a growing population..... And no, they were not being enlisted in the military or killed in war because I wasn't training units (nor was my cabinet) and no war was even going on...
"Solutions are not the answer." Nixon
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

if you would like to send a savegame that would be great, also detailing again the bugs we are looking for would be nice

chris@battlegoat.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “SR2010 Support”