Total AIR war europe, begins

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Total AIR war europe, begins

Post by tkobo »

World map,playing as North America.Many years in,like 9.

Have captured Africa and middleast.

I am going to try and fight and document a total air war on europe.

I have to this end built 9 airbases in turkey on the EU border.

I also have 5 more in the north of the middleeast well within striking range of EU with the big boys (B52 and B2).

I have also started to build my airforce explicitly for this air war.It will consist of mainly strategic bombers.

When the actual combat begins i hope to come and list each strike sortie,its target and any known affects on the target.

Plan is simple. I intend to greatly reduce the EUs ability to fight back in the air first.To this end i will target and remove airfields and bases as possible working my way into the EU.

Once they are all but incapable of fighting in the air, i will pick an important resource- like oil- and destroy every production facility of it i can.
Than move on to the next.

More to come as it occurs.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Are Europe and Russia warring in your world map? Mine are, and as soon as I crossed through the mideast Russia and India/Pakistan declared war on me. I laid waste to half the russian line facing europe, hoping the europeans would invade russia, but they just sit there.

Setting up fronts at istanbul, and the black sea. Also planning a sea crossing from morocco into spain. Russia is going to be a royal pain to invade. That country is just way too big. China and co are just happily sitting on their rear watching the action. :)
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Yes they are at war with each other, but also at war with me.I am also at war with india /pakistan (anyone else get the feeling BG didnt want to annoy either country too much so named the region after both of them ? )

I have a true three front war atm. But all three fronts are fully manned and completely safe static fronts .So i can ignore them all day.

I went to sleep last night and let the game run for roughly 9 hours without any supervision ,and without a single problem.Thats how secure my borders are.
Chuckle TM
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

tkobo wrote:I went to sleep last night and let the game run for roughly 9 hours without any supervision ,and without a single problem.Thats how secure my borders are.
Which isn't saying much really. If the AI used half their forces they could push a line from turkey all the way back to the ivory coast. :P

I want a difficulty option to turn the AI into a rampaging beast, conquering everything in reach. Feel like I am fighting a bunch of turtles. :P
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I'd vote for that,that would be a cool setting.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Okay,i started the test runs.

This sortie consisted of:
1) 14- F14ds -which had orders to partol the area and were allowed opportunity fire.
2) 14 B52Hs- which had orders to bomb the airstrip at kaskkovo.They were allowed opportunity fire
3) 14 B2As -which had the orders to bomd the airstrip at kaskkovo.They were allowed opportunity fire

This proved to be ineffective as the aircraft were wasting all their ordinace on surrounding ground troops.So the airstrip was taking little to no damage but the planes were not so lucky.

Once i realised this i changed the orders :
2) 14 B52Hs- had orders to bomb the airstrip at kaskkovo.They were NOT allowed opportunity fire.
3) 14 B2As - had orders to bomb the airstrip at kaskkovo.They were NOT allowed opportunity fire.

This made a big difference.Although NOT enough to make me happy.
In roughly 6 days of bombing- they reduced the airstrip to 10%.
But lost 3 F14s to ground fire.
As well, many of the strategic bombers showed damage.

This was simply NOT going to work.

So i changed the orders again.
2) 14 B52Hs- fire missiles at the airbase Xanthi.
3) 14 B2As- fire missiles at the airbase Xanthi.

I picked the next target over so i could get a good comparison.I will ignore any defense difference between the airbase and the airstrip becuase the result was lopsided enough without looking at the differences.

It took 2 days to destroy the airbase- we caught 4 aircraft on the ground and destroyed them as well.
In that same two days(with the remainder) i ordered the 4 wings of strategic bombers to finish off the airstrip kaskkovo with missiles,which they did in 2 clicks of the timer.

No losses and no damage taken by the aircraft.
Impossible to count amount of missiles fired.Or amount that hit or were shot down.

Now serious control issues arose getting the planes to land correctly.All the aircraft insisted on landing in the 2 closest airbases.
Which made selecting them and controlling them very difficult.And limited thier fuel and rest time.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Next target picked Airstrip Larisa.

Orders simple:
2) 14 B52Hs- fire missiles at the Airstrip Larisa.
3) 14 B2As- fire missiles at the Airstrip Larisa.

The airstrip was destoryed in less than 2 ticks of the clock.

About 1/2 of missiles fired were wasted as the target was already dust.Maybe more.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Next target picked Airstrip Athinai.

Orders simple:
2) 14 B52Hs- fire missiles at the Airstrip Athinai.
3) 14 B2As- fire missiles at the Airstrip Athinai.

The airstrip was destoryed in less than 2 ticks of the clock.

About 2/3s of missiles fired were wasted as the target was already dust.Maybe more.

I will try and use less aircraft next target
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Next target picked Airstrip Kalamata

Orders simple:

3) 7 aircraft mix of B52hs and B2As- fire missiles at the Airstrip Kalamata
The airstrip was destroyed in roughly 2 ticks of the clock.
I only let the aircraft fire off 3 volleys, than manually selected them and ordered them to land.A forth partial volley got off before they landed.

Only about 1/4 of missiles fired were wasted this time. I can live with this.

Oddly i dont seem to be catching and aircraft on the ground in these last strikes.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Next target picked Airstrip Sofija
Orders simple:

1) 6 aircraft mix of B52hs and B2As- fire missiles at the Airstrip Sofija
All aircraft were low on missiles and ran out after1 1/2 volleys.

This airstrip is deeper in than previous targets and none of the missiles got thru the anti missile fire, except one. Airstrip reduced to 99%.

Next attack follows soon after with another larger set of aircraft.

1) 15 aircraft mix of B52hs and B2As- fire missiles at the Airstrip Sofija.
Airstrip destroyed in rouchly 2 clicks of clock. Roughly 1/3 of missiles fire reached thier target after it was dust.

Again no known aircraft cuaght on ground.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Vlore airstrip was the next target.

Orders:
roughly 31 mixed B52Hs and B2As- fire missiles at base.

Missile inventory is very low.All aircraft expended thier loads and landed.
Large launch,Id say equal to what destroyed the closer airbase.

Vlore reduced to 2%.

No missiles wasted, but target still exists.

I am recieving new B2As off the line as time rolls on.So amount of aircraft i can commit to an attack will rise.Which is good,becuase as the targets get further inland,i will need more missiles to reach and destroy them.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Missile stock replenished ,Vlore airstrip was again target.
It fell to 2 volleys.

Orders:
Seven mixed B52Hs and B2As- fire missiles at the strip.
Two volleys fired.Almost none wasted.Base destroyed.

Next target picked immediately.
Skopjie airstrip. Agian ,not a shallow target per se.

Orders:
Fourteen B52Hs and B2As- fire missiles at the strip.
Three volleys released.Than aircraft ordered to land.Part of a fourth volley got off.

Skopjie airstrip destroyed. Little waste.

Next target picked.Karljevo airstrip.

Orders:
Mix of Six B52Hs and B2As- fire missiles at the strip. these aicraft are some of the ones who participated in the strike on Skopjue.They are low on missiles, or so i thought,only 6 out of the seven had any.

I decide to let them fire till they are empty.They have more missiles than i thought. I should have checked personally.
Seven volleys are fired.
Very few reach the target.

Karljevo airstrip reduced to 75%.

Next set of aircraft assigned same target.

Orders:
Mix of Fourteen B52Hs and B2As- fire missiles at the strip.

Four volleys fired, than aircraft ordered to land.This attack goes kinda strange as 2 aircraft decide to follow the missiles to the target and the others scatter in the air around the bases and get hard to regroup.

I catch the 2 errant aircraft as the pass the EU border and order them to return home and land.They dont take any damage and escape thier odd choice unharmed.

Karljevo airstrip reduced to 5%.

I continue the attack on Karljevo airstrip .I decide to try and cut the margin very close so as to not waste alot of missiles on the 5% of strip that remains.
A mistake.

Orders:
Mix of Twelve B52Hs and B2As- fire missiles at the strip.

Two volleys fired, None reach the strip.One more volley likely would have finished the strip as the last missiles were shot down right at the airstrip.
All missiles fired on this attack are considered a waste.

Attack on Karljevo airstrip continues.

Orders:
Mix of 17 B52Hs and B2As- fire missiles at the strip.

This time i will know roughly how many missiles are fired.In the vincinity of 104.
Its about all the missiles i have in stock again.The aircraft will fire til empty.
Its another mistake.All missiles destroyed before reaching target.

It seems the EU has moved more anti-air units into position to protect the strip.
Interesting if true.Evidence consists of a new hotspot at which the missiles are being shot down.
In all the previous attacks on the strip this location was "safe travel" for the missiles.This has changed.

Karljevo airstrip survives .It will have a few days before it faces attack again.
This time i will attack with overwhelming force.The missile waste be damned.This strip will fall.
But not today.
Chuckle TM
swang30
Sergeant

Post by swang30 »

why are you building B2As then? just build lots of missiles and B52Hs, which IIRC is a LOT cheaper.

Also, I wonder if building launch artilleries with land missiles may be even cheaper than that?
-Jeff
Decimatus
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Decimatus »

Hard to get an MLRS deep into enemy territory just to destroy an airstrip. :P
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Air launched OR sea launched missiles are easier to get deep into enemy territory usually.

This is becuase the units launching ,can themselves often get into a better position to launch without having to slog thru massive amounts of ground troops.

Im building the B2As for a few reasons.
1) I feel this is one of the best bombers in the world in rl and want to see how well it works in game.
2) Is related to 1.Been alot of talk about the stealth strs not being high enough.Or the spotting str of undeveloped hexs being too high.
I wanted to see the interaction for myself.
3) Is also related to 1-Its the plane i would use out of those i know exist,that i would use in rl if i was in the postition to make such orders..
Chuckle TM

Return to “After Action Reports”