Florida Campaign (started as Jacksonville)

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Florida Campaign (started as Jacksonville)

Post by bwheatley »

Well i started a campaign in florida. FIrst i tried with South Florida and being from south florida i changed my mind and restarted as jacksonville. Well jacksonville starts with an awesome military and just started building. I had about 6 m1a1 divisions and 20 NG divisions. Central Florida declared war on me and at first i thought i was in for a bit of trouble but i had my 20 F15's & F16's to clear him up and i eliminated his few F16 Airforce. I quickly pushed into tampa area but was stopped on the outskirts of Tampa. I had to learn how to manage supplys. (Apparently tanks don't shoot well without rounds).

I sent a few NG units into Central FLorida via the more southern parts of the state. And that just was what i needed. He pulled alot of his military down south to counter my rampaging forces and that gave me what i needed to take out Tampa. It was a bloody fight but i managed. I was pushing down towards Ft Myers which was his last big city and i had cut his empire in half and was whittling down the pockets.

It was not as tiny as i made it sound he still had a good deal of area and could still be called a faction. Eventually i worked him away and he surrendered a big chunk of territory to South Florida (Which pisses me off when they pull that ****).

Well South Florida and I co-existed for awhile. But the second i went to DEFCON 5 he attacked me from defcon 5 too. Instead of coming from the North to the South on the East coast. I went around lake Ok. and started to push into South Florida. I had my mighty navy start to bomb miami and took out tons of his units from far away. The Tomahawks worked nicely. I quickly took out his AF and then used my AF to pound his positions into toast.

That was a quick Victory. Now onto .....
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Florida v Georgia, Arkansas, Carolinas, Kentucky

Post by bwheatley »

Ok next fight was a little more interesting and is still on going.

It's Georgia who apparently beat Alabama & Tennesse so its super big georgia. Then Arkansas and Kentucky. We started out and i had a big AF like 24 F15s. I really did a bad job i only had like 2 NG and 1 Tank building at any time and it really cost me. My thoughts are your military needs to be at least be as big as the total of 60% of your opponents to survive. Let me explain.

Ok Georgia hit's me hard and i'm thinking its because i kept most of my units in Reserve to cut cost and i didn't put them on the border to deter him. So he comes at me and i manage to blunt his first strike but i lose ALL my tanks and i quickly take out most of his Air Force but my AF gets toasted after awhile too. I am quickly down to 4 F15s and from then on i said screw AF i'll invest in arty.

Man has arty paid off for me i personally enjoy the Missile Arty which fires tomahawks. But my fav traditional arty is the 155MM Howitizer. Arkansas declares on Georgia and we start to compress georgia and i'm franticaly building 12-15 NG & Light Infatry at a time. This lets me push georgia most of the way to being killed. I push through atlanta and get close to nashville when Arkansas declares on me. So Arkansas has a military that is 2x bigger then mine and it shows they start to push me back hard but thank the lord. I realize i can blow the bridges over the mississippi river and that saves me for the time being. I ignore arkansas for now and keep pushing into Georgia with my heavy infantry force. Then what....

The carolinas start to attack me and i have my back to them and they come swarming over. Lucky for me kentucky attacked the carolinas so they pulled alot of their military back.

So in a 3 on 1 i do what anyone would do. I pull back from taking the last part of Georgia and hold a line of towns from Close to nashville down to the gulf of mexico. The reason is that it will keep arkansas off my back for now and it will take a little time for arkansas to push through georgia right?

Well no..apparently georgia has this giant army hidden away it goes on the warpath and keeps arkansas on its toes and they go back and forth. Then out of nowhere i think georgia is on her last legs and 3 M1A1's come through my lines and i throw everything at them and manage to kill them only after having some NG units cut their supply. After that things on the Western front calm down. I start to push into the carolines what i'm doing is razing everything i take becuase my economy is functioning perfectly and i know i will get pushed back eventually so i might as well keep him from benefitting.

Actually because i stopped dicking with new buildings i was capturing i managed to get upto 2 billion in my treasury and still rising with a profit.

In the carolinas i push to the cost and take charleston which currently anchors my East line. I blow all brides over the rivers there and start to outflank the Carolines on the West and currently am 5 hexes from nashvile and myself and kentucky are fighting to see who can loot his coffers. The Carolinas has a major city near I think its Savannah that i am reducing with arty. I have 8 155's pounding them becuase they have at least 20 Ground units with 15 Air force units that come out everytime i get close. So i'm trying to reduce them as much as possible becuase i cant go in there without wearing him out. I just researched medium infantry so i have 8 divisions coming off the line soon hopefully they will help me make the final push into Nashville.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

My worries

Post by bwheatley »

Some things that annoy me are that there is no freaking way to ally with anyone or get any treaty its a freaking joke. I even offered georgia friendship or cease fire and they are losing terribly it's just dumb.

Now here is what i am worried about with my current situation i am pretty sure once i take the carolines kentucky is going to hit me and i have to find a way to deal with him. I have been thinking i was going to lose but i have managed to hang in there and maybe it's going to pan out ok for me. Even if they do push me back i razed everything so all the carolines and georgia is barren of anything that could remotely help him. I am almost self sufficient in the south. I sold off my navy as well because they were not doing much and i needed the money.

Wish me luck guys.
bwheatley
Lt. Colonel

Good news

Post by bwheatley »

Well i finallly managed to crack the carolinas and they were a tough nut but with mostly Medium Inf & 155 Howitzers i was able to wear him down. I researched the two techs that gave my arty more range so that was helpful. THough i have a question, when i set my arty to attack even if they are in range they try to move closer why is that? i just have to sit back and let them attack automatically if i dont want them to walk right up and get decimated. Another thing what tech level do i have to be before i can see synthetic fuel? I am deathly in need of synthetic fuel in order to get myself together and hold onto my economy.

OK after i cracked the last 2 cities in the carolinas i meet kentucky border to border but i had such a large military force on the shared border he didnt try anything funny. I guess thats the trick to keeping those guys off you. Well now i have swung around and pushed close to new orleans and am holding a line there up north to Nashville. I'm sieging nashville now with 20 155MM arty units. Hopefully they can push him off enough to swoop in with the units i have left. It's been getting harder and harder for me as i push further in i'm experiencing major fuel shortages now. But lucky i am 99 days out from the vote and i'm showing at 55% on the prepoll hopefully that hangs on. I'm losing alot of people a day now -90k but i was gaining 60K+ a day for more then a year so i have 3x the population of the other guys.

If i can hold up i plane to kill off georgia and then hold the line and try to get my economy squared away.

Return to “After Action Reports”