US Florida as Jacksonville

Put your Single and Multi player AARs here please specify which it was (SP or MP).

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, BattleGoat, Moderators

JaguarUSF
Lieutenant

US Florida as Jacksonville

Post by JaguarUSF »

Of course, my first game using the full version was as Jacksonville in the US Florida scenario. My basic strategy was to hold back and let things fall into place.

I concentrated on slowly building my military (6 units at a time at two bases), improving social spending to recommended levels, and balancing my resources. I was initially having some problems producing enough electricity, so I built an additional coal power plant. (in a related issue, the coal power plant around Jacksonville should be located at X:070 Y:014...I can see it from my house).

As soon as the power plant was done, I was having raw materials shortages. Question: Is there a priority you can assign so that your advisor will buy enough raw materials to clear a shortage? Either way, my budget was growing.

About 8 months into the game, Central Florida declared war on me. I mobilized all of my troops and eventually made my way to Tampa, and eliminated them.

About a week later, South Florida declared war on me. I sent my Navy to shell them from the water (having the 2nd largest Navy base on the East Coast helps!) and eventually took over the entire state. That's what they get for declaring war on me!

Next: US Southeast as Florida.

Oh, and the game is super-fun. Bonus! Just make sure you speed up the default speeds or some parts can get boooooooring. :P
Moritz
Captain

Post by Moritz »

Nice AAR ! Though I would some more info on how you got your economy running. Keep us up with your world conquest !
Welcome to modern warfare this isn't C&C
JaguarUSF
Lieutenant

Economy

Post by JaguarUSF »

I haven't completely figured out the correct strategy for the economy yet. However, I usually do the following:
1. Increase social spending to the recommended level.
2. Increase taxes until the budget is balanced (or 60%, whichever comes first).
3. Keep an eye on my treasury and see if it stablizes.

Jacksonville is a good, easy area to learn on. By the end of the game, my treasury stood at almost 20 billion dollars (after starting at around 2-3). I wasn't able to produce units fast enough!
Moritz
Captain

Post by Moritz »

Thanks for the tip. I will try to implement it. But in my last game(US northwest as Colorado I think), it was such a mess: inflation at 0.8% and decreasing, unemployment increasing, dar increasing, treasury decreasing.... it all began because I wanted to scrap some of the oil power plants to decrease oil dependency. Then I had electric shortages etc...
ImperialZenta
Sergeant

Post by ImperialZenta »

With the power plants, you can start building a new one using an easier to aquire resource. I believe I read that you can activate it at a minimum of 20% completed construction. When you believe it has enough capacity, activate it and deactivate the other plant.

I had to do this while playing Scotland in a multiplayer. Since they have bounds of oil from the north sea I built oil fired power plants and removed the coal ones. Coal was in huge shortage and there were no good places to drop new coal pits.
ImperialZenta
Sergeant

Post by ImperialZenta »

Also, in case you are learning like myself. Upgrading a plant (or any other facility) takes it offline while the crews work.
Moritz
Captain

Post by Moritz »

Thanks for the tip ! But this game's learning curve is quite steep :-) Or am I used to play more clickfest RTS ?
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

actually u could improve the eff. of ur industries and built less. I actually messed up on this the first time i tried it. inflation was 25% and unemployment was a 2.3 but i was making money and the ppl loved me and ppl were moving. don't know y the unemployment was was going down maybe it had to do with the industries eff going up that they hire more ppl or something.

But the next time i tried this i had inflation only at 4% and unemployment at around 4 too. was making 100M a day and taxes were at 50% and social spending was at the recommended and still the ppl loved me and were moving in. course i was playing as US Georgia as Alabama and Tennesse and Georgia were at war might have helped me some. Also my poll rating for the reunitfication was number 1 at 50% and rising.
Moritz
Captain

Post by Moritz »

You seem to be doing quite well. In the demo I have yet to win a scenario. Usually I can keep unemployment and inflation low but I never manage to get a positive cash income. I even try to sell some units, scrap some bases in order to lower my expenses but it doesn't works :cry:
Once I even had de-flation and an ever-rising unemployment!

Return to “After Action Reports”