Question about finished goods going up

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arquebus_x
Captain
Human: Yes

Question about finished goods going up

Post by arquebus_x »

I may just be missing something in the mechanics here, but I've got my finished goods production set to 0% demand and I have the resource supply set to Neutral. I've confirmed that the Merchant AI is *not* trading finished goods to me... and yet, my finished goods stock keeps going up. Am I missing something here in how finished goods stock is calculated?
arquebus_x
Captain

Re: Question about finished goods going up

Post by arquebus_x »

Ok, there's definitely something weird going on. Between the time I made the post and now (less than 20 minutes?) my FG stock went from 300 to 450 just ticking up slowly with zero indication anywhere that I was receiving or producing FG. I even set the supply to aggressively export, and it just keeps going up.

So I think this topic more appropriately belongs under Issues and Support.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'm taking a quick look at this, but if you have a savegame that would be helpful.
Ticket 32233
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arquebus_x
Captain

Post by arquebus_x »

Here's the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw0u6265bkmk4 ... 0X.7z?dl=0

It's not in quite the same game state as when I initially commented, but the FG tick-up is still happening. I'm not at that computer right now so I can't 100% confirm the condition it's in but if you set FG to aggressively export and then turn production down to 0%, if everything is still as it was, FG will go up by 1 every few seconds.

If you can't reproduce it, I'll see if I can shake the problem loose again the next time I'm playing the save.
arquebus_x
Captain

Post by arquebus_x »

It's happening in another save now. Or at least it's very obvious.

Here's the save game file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/znjs4gblul7s2 ... ck.7z?dl=0

And the current situation:
* Finished goods set to 0% production; showing none produced, consumption in the thousands
* Finished goods set to neutral on import/export
* Merchant AI only interacts with my finished goods by BUYING them in small (under 500 units) quantity
* No other alerts are coming in having to do with finished goods (no trades)
* My colonies are set to trade relations but, as above, there is no evidence that they are sending anything to the homeworld
* Homeworld finished goods are ticking up by 1 or 2 every day. Sometimes it goes down, but usually it goes up.

So it really looks like one of two things is happening: either there's a bug affecting the finished goods pool, or there are transfers in that are not being reported in the alerts
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We've done some more testing with the latest version, I think we might have improved the situation. Please test once the next update comes out (anything after version 11.1.1102)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Issues and Support”