Funny artifacts hidden under the HUD

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Funny artifacts hidden under the HUD

Post by mrgenie »

:lol:

While modding, and figuring for large screens going to update the main HUD to complement the Overview Mod, which is also designed for larger displays..

and honestly people, we're not in the stone age anymore so throw away these old monitors!

Anyway, I found there's obsolete artifacts hidden down there :lol:

Here's a screenshot with the hidden artifacts you usually don't see hehe
Hidden-Long-Lost-Artifacts.jpg

This is what I want, to extend the lists of all the "right of panel extended options" so it's twice as large or larger, whatever it should be to fit to the "overview mod" by evildari..
Evildari set his scrolling list specifically for his mod, and I'm going to edit the main HUD to fit his settings..

So Evildari, do NOT change your mod settings without talking to me so I can update it with your new scroll list settings
Hidden-Long-Lost-Artifacts2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Funny artifacts hidden under the HUD

Post by mrgenie »

Note to everyone.. do NOT comment the progress yet.. as there is NO PROGRESS yet..

just shifting around the hub to actually find out which file in the HAPX is responsible for what..

since BG didn't comment anything..

But no fears, to all who wish to mod.. I ALWAYS comment everything so after I'm done you simply open the
edited files and find the comments which are necessary to edit the main HUB
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by evildari »

also found an old "treasure" map:
ye olde icons :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

ROFLMAO, that's an awesome treasure map..

Maybe they planned for the space version of the game long time ago already.. just never went public with the thoughts..
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

mrgenie wrote: Dec 02 2020 ROFLMAO, that's an awesome treasure map..

Maybe they planned for the space version of the game long time ago already.. just never went public with the thoughts..
the map itself is from the game freelancer - but the map ui and the ressource window ui is an old version that was still buried in the haps files - just modded it a little so i could fit the custom map better
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Yes, we do sometime leave "in development" bits out of range. Early in development there is sometimes a lot of junk there. We didn't anticipate so many UI mods :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: Dec 02 2020 Yes, we do sometime leave "in development" bits out of range. Early in development there is sometimes a lot of junk there. We didn't anticipate so many UI mods :)
then i use the occasion to nag you (again and again and again...you get the idea) about your ui-builder tool. :-)
my mods
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

evildari wrote: Dec 03 2020
Balthagor wrote: Dec 02 2020 Yes, we do sometime leave "in development" bits out of range. Early in development there is sometimes a lot of junk there. We didn't anticipate so many UI mods :)
then i use the occasion to nag you (again and again and again...you get the idea) about your ui-builder tool. :-)
hehehe :lol:
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

While trial and error how the UI works.. I figured finally ALL the aspects of the HUD.. how lists are made, extending them, expanding selections, moving around minimap and root HUB, etc..

will adept the core game HUD tomorrow to fit Evildari mod.. As it's late now .. found out how everything works too late..

actually I will adept the whole game to Evildari mod LOL

because his choice of pixels for his mod, which needs a monitor of 1800x900 minimal makes more sense to me.

I understand that BG as a game maker, you have to anticipate the fact not everyone has modern monitors and some might want to play it on lower resolutions..

but since I'm unofficial, I can say:"I don't care"

The luxury of modding a game hehe

anyway, this is what you get when modding around the file to figure out which settings must be changed to adapt the main HAPX files to be suitable for evildari's mod
showing.jpg
looks awful, I know.. but from my perspective this view shows I finally found all the places to mod to work out the lower left menu and adapt it properly..

because I like the much larger list you can view and select as made by evildari.. I always wondered why these lists only showed a few units.. instead of 10 or 20 ..
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

How the panels in the HAPX files work..

For those who didn't figure it out yet

[attachment=0]IMG_20201206_140858.jpg[/attachment

I didn't get it to work until I used classic stone age technology of paper and ink

Return to “Issues and Support”