Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Ghost hotspots bug

Post by Arahatree »

Hi!

Sometimes units go to hotspots that i eliminated long time ago. I call it ghost hotspots bug, because they are not there anymore but units move there as if they still existed.

It doesn't happen always though, i don't know why. But it happened in several different campaigns.

I'm talking about version 9.2.5 still in beta. But i wanted to say just in case nobody noticed, so that it's fixed for the public release.

Thank you in advance! :)
sparky282
Colonel

Re: Ghost hotspots bug

Post by sparky282 »

come out of the beta if i was you because 9.2.5 was released to public long ago and I have never seen this issue so I am guessing it was sorted
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

sparky282 wrote: Nov 10 2020 come out of the beta if i was you because 9.2.5 was released to public long ago and I have never seen this issue so I am guessing it was sorted
Thank you for your answer. I just checked it out and i actually wasn't on beta, i've being on public release all along; sorry for the confusion.

I checked through steam the files integrity, they are ok. As soon as i have time to play, i will test it again and i will upload a picture with the bug (i hope i play this weekend).
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Ok, so i made the test again, and the bug is plain clear. This is what i did:

First, i checked that i'm not in beta. Then, I checked the integrity of the files. I made the test and the bug is there.

Then I installed my graphics mod (one that paints buildings base with colors), for the mod i only modified the colors of the graphics with GIMP app, so it can't affect the behaviour of the AI, because i don't touch any code file at all. I made the test again, and the bug is still there.

As you can see in the next screenshots, i'm not in beta, and i have version 9.2.5.

In the screenshot number 1 you can see that i set some hotspots. Then i delete those hotspots and set other different hotspots in another place.

In screenshot number 2 you can see that the units go to the new hotspots (you can't see the movement because i can't upload a video, but you can see the destination path in green color), but at the same time other units are still going to the hotspots that i deleted (the ghost hotspots).

In screenshot number 3 you can see even more units are going to the old deleted hotspots, non stop, as if the deleted hotspots were not deleted |O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arahatree on Nov 14 2020, edited 5 times in total.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

here is the screenshot number 3:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

And i have tried to press "cancel orders" button, to lock from minister and unlock again in the ROE.... all different combinations. After trying all that, the units are still going to the deleted hotspots.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Anyone else able to replicate this? It is worth mentioning that the AI might "remember" a hotspot for a full game day due to a lag in AI orders.

We'll do some testing as well.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 14 2020 Anyone else able to replicate this? It is worth mentioning that the AI might "remember" a hotspot for a full game day due to a lag in AI orders.

We'll do some testing as well.
Thank you very much for your answer Balthagor.

At the beginning that's what i thought, but I already tested many times and for 3 or more game days the bug persists.

Next I show the dates of the previous screenshots. As you can see, the deleted hotspots are still remembered three days later (the units are going to the deleted hotspots on February 3rd, 4th and 5th):
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Now that we are talking about bugs in hotspots, i would like to point out another bug (should i create a new topic for that? please tell me).

When you choose the type of hotspot, in "actions" option, when you select "Supplies" or "Land transport" the behaviour is the same, for both options the units that are gathered in the same hotspot are "Supply Tracks" and "Transport Aircraft".

When you choose in "actions" the option "Air Support", not a single unit moves to the hotspot (i have unlocked for the AI all types of units but neither of them moves to the hotspot, and i waited many days).

Isn't the original design and behaviour supposed to be the following way?
"Air support" --> only Transport Aircrafts go to the hotspot
"Land transport" --> only Supply Tracks go to the hotspot
"Supplies" --> Both, Supply Tracks and Transport Aircraft go to the hotspot

If it's going to take resources for the developers to change this, at least i would like to know which file could i mod this behaviour, if it's not hardcoded.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE :) :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No need for a new thread, we can track all those topics here. We'll add your comments to our notes.

Just for the sake of clarity, this won't get fixed in SRU. Development for that game has ended. But Hotspots remain in Galactic Ruler and will likely be in the next SR game as well, so there is an opportunity for us to improve this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 15 2020 No need for a new thread, we can track all those topics here. We'll add your comments to our notes.

Just for the sake of clarity, this won't get fixed in SRU. Development for that game has ended. But Hotspots remain in Galactic Ruler and will likely be in the next SR game as well, so there is an opportunity for us to improve this.
Ok, thank you very much.
Looking forward to SR next generation! :-) :D
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

Hi Arahatree,

When assigning the hot spots the units correctly path to the hot spot. After removing the hotspot the AI will no longer send units to the spot. That appears to be functioning correctly.

However the AI was assigning hotspots automatically along the border at cities.

I was unable to recreate what you were experiencing. This will be noted and I will add the documentation I have collected to the hotspots. It will be very low priority unless you have more information on this bug or if somebody else can replicate your findings.

Return to “Issues and Support”